Honored Contributor

Re: BEAUTY PURCHASES & REVIEWS 9/22/17

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Poodlepet2,   Tarte has the best long lasting blush.  I have two different shades and they really last a long time on your skin.  I have to say I miss Maureen.  Gosh, there are about 4 ladies now that sold their businesses.  Yes, they are rich but now we don't see them!

Sephora has a Tarte blush palette out, it's a limited edition holiday one IIRC. I'm actually tempted and blush isn't something I tend to wear much. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

Maybelline Curvitude mascara. Already tossed it. The curved plastic brush is fine but the mascara formula is cakey and does not wash off well. I looked like I had two black eyes after taking a shower and washing my face.

Respected Contributor

@TY, I have bought mascara at all different price points. Even expensive mascara can be gloppy.

This is so easy-it was an "aha" moment...I saw Wayne Goss blotting mascara brushes before applying. Problem solved! It changed how I evaluate mascara...this little trick has saved me a lot of money. Less is more when it comes to mascara: you can always layer-but when it's gloppy, it's just not going to work.

Sometimes the little things make a big difference.

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

Westmore Beauty 100th Anniv Eyeshadow palette - I ordered this yesterday and will have to let you know my thoughts. 

Anself Facial Cleansing device- this is a dupe for the Foreo device. I read about this on these forums and thanks to @Silleeme I got it and I'm really liking it! 

I think that that does it for me! I'm excited to get the eyeshadow palette as I've never tried anything from this brand! 

Have a a blessed weekend! 

Super Contributor

Supergoop Perk Up!  Lip and Cheek Color, SPF40

I got mine in a kit from Anthropologie, I apply to cheeks with a brush, very lightly and the color is perfect for lips, more like a balm, sheer color but with SPF

I also like Baby Lips balm in Cherry Me, in the orange tube. It's sheer and just the right color but needs to be reapplied often but that's ok with me.

I'm off lipstick completely, especially for daytime, too much pigment for me and these 2 products are perfect.

Honored Contributor

The Kat Von D palette came that I posted about upthread  and it's amazing. The packaging is stunning, nice and heavy, the colors are even more beautiful in person and have good saturation. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval