Honored Contributor

BEAUTY PURCHASES & REVIEWS 9/22/17

TGIF, Beauties!  It's in the 90's in Chicagoland!  I hope you all had a great week and have been busy shopping for those products that make us Pretty!  I did some damage this past week but had fun doing it!

Origins - F&F Event - Dark brown mascara and Ginseng eye cream.  I have not received yet so I will review later.

Laura Mercier creme blush on sale at Nordstrom (sale is still going on 15% off) - I have not received yet will review later.

Bumble & Bumble - All-Style.  A heat protective product that also gives shine, volume and bounce - will review once I receive.

Embellish by Calista - great product but very POOR design of container.  The product did give me instant volume but the container dispenses product and you end up wasting and you are unable to open the container.

Beauties, Have a wonderful weekend, share your purchases and STAY PRETTY!   HeartCat Wink

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Re: BEAUTY PURCHASES & REVIEWS 9/22/17

I truly don't need any more makeup or skincare products, but I just couldn't pass up some good deals this week.

I bought three cosmetics items, since Walgreens has buy two get one free cosmetics on now.  

Loreal Silkissime Eyeliner (in the color Highlighter)

Loreal Silkissime Eyliner (in black)

Loreal Brow Stylist Definer (in brunett)

I own the Silkissime in Green Evy and really loves it, so I went back for two more.  There are so many bad reviews on this product, but it works for me. (Most reviewers didn't like that it needed to be sharpened, but I don't mind it). 

I also got a Loreal Revitalift Bright Reveal SPF 30 Moisturizer. It was also on sale at Walgreens. I always wanted to try this, because it won the Goodhousekeeping award for best anti-aging day cream. (I have not tried it yet. I am trying to use up my Garnier Clearly Brighter SPF 30 first, which I like it OK. That's why I am going to try the Loreal one to see if it is better).

I also bought the Garnier Micellar Water at Target to replace my used up one.  It is my go-to makeup remover.

Have a great weekend, Beauties!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I needed another foundation like a hole in my head but I had to order Estee Lauder's new Wear Nude Water Fresh Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 30.  I also purchased Destiny Boutique's Charcoal Facial Detox from Marshall's.  I tried it this morning for the first time and was very impressed with it.  It's all natural.  I've never heard of this brand before.

Honored Contributor

I bought this e.l.f. lip product after @silkyk recommended it on her thread about elf's free shipping last week and I love it.  I use it all over my lips like a balm (it feels like a lipbalm) then apply my lippies afterwards. My lippies stay on much longer, lips stay hydrated and color does not travel. Tip: after you apply your lipstick, don't press your lips together because it will break the seal and it won't stay on as long.

e.l.f. Lip Lock Pencil - $3 - it's a good one!

13117944_543789252474753_1979228419_n (1).jpg

Honored Contributor

My only actual beauty purchase this week was the Kat Von D Saint & Sinner holiday palette. It shipped but I haven't gotten it yet. My Allure beauty box also shipped. 

kvd_saint_sinner_palette_pretaeloira_1.jpgholiday-2017_kat-von-d-saint-sinner-palette_001_promo.jpg

saintsinnercloseup.jpgsaintsinnerswatch.jpg

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

Ordered the Tarte 3 set mascara from the Q, 3 for $34 which I though was a great price and I have used a couple of the different Tarte mascaras.  Mascara is a sticking point for me, just never seem to find the perfect one.

@Katcat1 - The B&B product - how much volume and bounce?  I would be interested in trying one product all three results!

The KatVonD packaging is unbelievable!  Wow! 

Honored Contributor

@aggravated,   I have not received it yet - today or tomorrow.  You use it to protect hair while blow drying plus it gives shine, bounce & volume.  Once I try it, I will give a review.  I ended up purchasing the smaller size to try the product out for $18 as it is normally $30 or $32 if I remember correctly.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I am trying to restrain myself, but I am a sucker for Tarte and the pretty, pretty palettes. I bought the TSV: one for me, and one for DIL.

The colors in the Tarte palettes do something to my brain of "GOT TO HAVE IT"...

Sigh....

In the mean time, I am really loving IT Secret Sauce and Charlotte Tilbury's Multi-tasking Balm....

Speaking of Charlotte, I love Beautylish all the more...once they know you like a product line, they e-mail you news about debuts and give you the option to buy pre-sale. To me, that's a big thing when only a certain amount of product is doled out at a time. I know the Q gives you that option, but when certain benders make something in a small amount, it becomes an issue.

At any rate, I also bought Charlotte s 12 eyeshadow palette for $75!!! It's officially going on sale for Christmas....I love her shadows: highly pigmented, but so easy to control....

Hugs,

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2,   Tarte has the best long lasting blush.  I have two different shades and they really last a long time on your skin.  I have to say I miss Maureen.  Gosh, there are about 4 ladies now that sold their businesses.  Yes, they are rich but now we don't see them!

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@aggravated,   I have not received it yet - today or tomorrow.  You use it to protect hair while blow drying plus it gives shine, bounce & volume.  Once I try it, I will give a review.  I ended up purchasing the smaller size to try the product out for $18 as it is normally $30 or $32 if I remember correctly.

@Katcat1  Thanks for the reply and I look forward to reading your review.  Sounds like a great product - wonder if I could use it with my velcro rollers in the morning and get body and shape.