Honored Contributor

BEAUTY PURCHASES & REVIEWS 9/1/17

[ Edited ]

Happy Friday, Beauties.  It's September!  The last two months just flew by.  Let's share our purchases and reviews.

No. 7 Beautiful Skin Moisturizer spf 15 - this is my new daily moisturizer.  Absorbs quickly, hydrates my skin and the price is right.

Real Techniques facial sponges.  The ones that resemble eggs in a light orange color.  Wash nicely and last a long time.

Wishing all of you Beauties an awesome weekend. 

Beauties, Stay Pretty!  

Our thoughts and prayers are with the people in Houston.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Re: BEAUTY PURCHASES & REVIEWS 9/1/17

I always enjoy this topic and thread! I made a few purchases this week. 

I bought a couple things things from Colourpop. I picked up one of their new makeup setting mists in Aquamarine and a lip gloss in the shade Curvii, it's a beautiful nude because I don't have near enough nudes! Lol 😂  I really like their lip products and have quite a few. 

I repurchased the Heimish All Clean Balm. I love this cleansing balm and I got mine from Amazon. I've talked about this balm before and I'll use this for as long as they make it. I love it. 

I ordered a BECCA blush in the shade Flowerchild. It's beautiful. 

I also bought a few more of the Lottie London eyeliners in a purple shade and another Mocha for back up. These are really good. They stay in my water line and they do not irritate my eyes. Sold on Ulta website. 

I think that's it for me. I hope everyone has a great holiday and for anyone that has been affected by Harvey, please know you are in my thoughts and prayers daily!! ❤️

Esteemed Contributor

I. Brought the Dr. DENESE ESSENTIAL LIPID MASK AND like it, but no protection in box. What I mean is, the jar just in the QVC delivery box surrounded with pink Styrofoam.  The jar not in the usual white package, and no white cardboard piece when you unscrew the jar.  Does it sound like a return?  The jar was full. Usually her products have some sort of protection. Even drugstore cosmetics ha 've protection. What do you think?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qvcaddition,  It is probably a good idea to inform Customer Service.  It does not sound right.  It's like someone grabbed a jar and threw in a box.  OMG!  

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1

@Katcat1 wrote:

@qvcaddition,  It is probably a good idea to inform Customer Service.  It does not sound right.  It's like someone grabbed a jar and threw in a box.  OMG!  

@I called Dr. DENESE.com.  They said they do not send the product out this way.  I called CS @ QVC and she had notes that other customers had complain also, and she would email Corporate.  As usual no help from QVC except to return it and reorder.  Properly would get the same way again.  QVC is getting so frustrating, that is why I rarely order anymore.  No quality control.  If the website from DR. DENESE uses protection, where do these jars come from?  I am going to return for refund.

Honored Contributor

@qvcaddition,  Make sure they pay for the return postage.  Enjoy your weekend!

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

I've been waiting for @Katcat1's new thread for the week like a kid counting down the days until Christmas. Lol 

So excited to share two products I really like this week. 

It Confidence in Your Glow Palette in Natural - I bought this when it first came out and played with it a few times. I really got acquainted with it this past week and love it. Use a light hand when applying for a natural blush, contour and highlight. Very easy to use. I like alittle more highlight, so I just added by using one of my other highlighters. If you use a light hand, it's goof proof. 

Wow Coconut Cocktail - bought the duo from QVC since a single bottle is expensive. I have long (back bra strap length) color treated, highlighted hair. I abuse my hair with heat and chemicals. I used a dime size amount and concentrated on applying on my ends. I love the smell and results. Again, light hand because I suspect too much will weigh hair down. 

I am still on the fence with Skinn Cosmetics Hylighten Dark Circle Treatment. I think I am seeing minimum results but will give it more time. 

Laura Geller's Real Deal Concealer is a heavy duty concealer. Very similar to It Bye Bye Undereye. It's thick and a little goes a long way. I think it's good, but I have to take the time to apply carefully or I end up with raccoon eyes. You can't swipe and go with this one. 

That's it for this week. Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend and weekSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Starliteshine,  If you are ever in a Sephora or Nordstrom, go over to the Laura Mercier area and try her Secret Concealer (I have been using for years).  It's creamy but not thick & does cover.  She also has another concealer but I don't know the name which has two shades to cover dark circles.  Just thought I would pass along to you.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I bought Tarte's "Shape Tape" concealer after seeing it on Q's Beauty channel.  (bought at a cosmetic store locally)  I think it makes me look like I have more undereye wrinkles than I do without it.  Will play with it more and decide if I am going to keep it.  I do apply with a wet sponge like in the demos, but did not get the same sponge that comes with it from QVC.)

Valued Contributor

I think you probably got a return. The fact the security card was off the jar would make it seem so. I would not take any chances on it's purity and send it back to QVC.
Every perfect gift is from above.