Honored Contributor

BEAUTY PURCHASES & REVIEWS 8/11/17

Happy Friday, Beauties.  I hope you have been shopping.  I sure have and need to stop!  lol  At least I am enjoying my purchases except for one.  Here is what I purchased:

Becca lip gloss (pearl & gold) - Love it.  It's not sticky like others and it works well alone or with Becca's balms.  Container is a nice size for the money.  I normally do not like glosses.

Becca lush lip colour balm - Cafe Au Lait and last week purchased Almond Fraise.  Love this on my lips.  So moisturizing and soft and can mix with the lip gloss.

Becca Eye Tint - On their website they have several shades marked down to half price w/free shpg.  Very nice.  Glides on using your finger.

Calista Embellish for hair - Very disappointing as I could not get the containers to pump up the product.  You could not open the containers (there were 2),  Very, very bad design.  Never had a chance to try the product out & mailed back Defective.

Mad Hippie - Vitamin C serum - Only used once so far so cannot review at this time.

Thunderstorms are due in my area later.  I hope you had some fun shopping.  If not, please share reviews.  Wishing you all a beautiful weekend and Beauties, STAY PRETTY!  HeartCat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: BEAUTY PURCHASES & REVIEWS 8/11/17

[ Edited ]

Hi KatCat1

This week I purchased the Lancôme Mr. Big travel sized mascara to try it out.

This is Day 2 wearing it. It emphasizes my lashes nicely. Only negative I can say is that I wish Lancôme had introduced a brownish black color.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom,  I prefer a dark brown or brown/black especially for day wear.  For me being a little older, I like a softer look and really wish more cosmetic cos. would come out with brown shades of mascara.  

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1  I bought a few things this week..

Becca- highlighter and blush duo with a brush. It shipped and should be here Monday. 

Colourpop- Yes, Please eyeshadow palette. Just ordered Thursday, so will have to keep you posted..

I think that's it! Have a great weekend. Headed out on the motorcycle this morning for a long weekend trip!! 🏍

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

This may seem silly to some.... I bought a Finishing Touch Flawless mini rotating-head shaver for those pesky hairs on my upper lip and chin.  I saw it on an infomercial in the middle of the night, but I bought it at Bed, Bath, & Beyond for less.  It's about the size of a fat tube of lipstick and runs on one AA battery.   So far, so good.  I "shaved" with it 3 days ago.  No pain while using it and no irritation later.  It got every little hair.  I will use it as needed, probably a couple times a week.  It's a keeper!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

This may seem silly to some.... I bought a Finishing Touch Flawless mini rotating-head shaver for those pecky hairs on my upper lip and chin.  I saw it on an infomercial in the middle of the night, but I bought it at Bed, Bath, & Beyond for less.  It's about the size of a fat tube of lipstick and runs on one AA battery.   So far, so good.  I "shaved" with it 3 days ago.  No pain while using it and no irritation later.  It got every little hair.  I will use it as needed, probably a couple times a week.  It's a keeper!

Oh my goodness! @tototwo  Your post reminded me that I did order the Luminess version of this from HSN earlier in the week. I hope mine works as well. 

Respected Contributor

@tototwo, I will try it! I tried everything that was posted on the subject of chin hair-other than electrolysis. Shaving is painless!

I will post about my purchases a little later, but it bears mentioning that The Ordinary (Deciem) sells a hair growth inhibitor. So far, I love their products-and that's going into my basket! It's not silly at all: thank you for mentioning Finishing Touch!

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

@tototwo,  That's an excellent idea.  I use an electric shaver for my peach fuzz on my face.  When I was younger my mother told me not to tweeze any hairs above my lip as they would grow back dark.  Was she wrong on that one.  I have learned so much on this forum.  Have a great weekend!

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

1. Re-ordered my Skinsceuticals Vit. C E Fruelic 

2. A few small Trish items (no planner)

3. Mabelline clear mascara (use as brow gel)

4. Sally's: huge bottle of polish remover

Think that's it.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@JustJazzmom,  I prefer a dark brown or brown/black especially for day wear.  For me being a little older, I like a softer look and really wish more cosmetic cos. would come out with brown shades of mascara.  

@Katcat1  Interesting idea to use dark brown mascara. Do you have very dark lashes? The mascara I use L'Oreal Voluminous comes in dark brown & brownish black.