Honored Contributor

Re: BEAUTY PURCHASES & REVIEWS 7/28/17

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

I tried two items this week:

1.  Maybelline Fit Me Dewy and Smooth Foundation.  Has an SPF 18  I've been using the Skinn Plasma Foundation.  The colors in the matte and poreless and dewy and smooth are not the same (if you get Porcelain, the Porcelain in the Matte formula is a different color than the Dewy formula).  I also found the shade range lacking for us on the lighter side.  I got the Porcelain because the next color up was quite dark.  I use my Skinn bronzer drops to darken it a bit.  I also found this color is more on the pink side than yellow which I prefer.  The coverage lasts all day, but the smell reminds me of my mother's makeup - like 1950s makeup which bothered me a bit.  I will probably not repurchase as I prefer the Skinn..  

2.  Got the Loreal Lash Paradise (although probably won't continue to use knowing now they test on animals).  I will go back to something different.  It's nice, but not worth it knowing about the animal testing.  Thanks whoever posted about Loreal's testing. 

@hoosieroriginal maybelline also tests on animals (and they are owned by L'oreal) if you are trying to avoid products from cruelty free brands. Just an FYI!

Respected Contributor

Hi @Katcat1, I think its a good idea to include reviews in your weekly purchase post.

I have not been buying new products but using what I have in my collection. I have alot going on & have not been posting lately. Take Care Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I have gone full-tilt boogie with Charlotte Tillbury-especially the skin care. It literally changed my skin overnight!

I have lines on my forehead, and they are going away! Her creams are rich: some may describe them as heavy. The secret is to use very little-and massage.

Starting off,

Charlotte's Magic Cream: I use it as my moisturizer under makeup dabbing a little extra under my eyes and gently massaging.

I love her Unisex Healthy Glow, but it's a little too hot and steamy for that right now.

New to me is her Multi-Miracle Glow: what is it? I would compare it to IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Makeup. I love them both, but Charlotte's is a little richer.

Ground breaking and new to me is her Magic Night Cream: it is super rich and hydrating. Every day, my skin looks better and better. I left out her Eye Rescue Cream-intended for night use to see what effect her Night Cream had on it's own....it's amazing!

I love her Beach sticks: my newest acquisition is Ibiza and I am in the fair range. Anybody can use it, and her Beach Sticks are perfect for travel or on the go.

I love Wander's Carryon lip crayons: they also double as blush and are beautiful. I picked up my second set after being just about finished with the first.

I went a little hog wild...I have fallen in love with Beautylish and they were offering a kit called "Glowing Skin with Jade" for $120 dollars-a steal because included in the kit is a full-size tube of Charlotte Tillbury Full Fat Lashes: that retails for $40 right there.... You also get Natasha Denona Face Glow foundation, RCMA No-Color powder, Kevin Aucoin The Sculpting Powder and to finish off , a tube of By Terry Terrybly Velvet Rouge. Oh-I forgot to mention a full size Natasha Denona All Over Glow. I love Natasha's foundation: it is rich and makes your skin look flawless-and you use the tiniest amount-like a1/4 pump. 

If you go onto Beautylish, you might be put off by the amount of glow....that is all highly controllable with the finely milled powder. I am 56, and the highlighter is wearable as well.

I love Kevin Aucoin's Sculpting Powder: it has a grayish tone, but it looks like a natural shadow on your skin. It is not a bronzer....

So, that completes my haul.....the things I am happiest with is the skin care-what a difference!

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

....I forgot to mention a fail....I bought a Nars Multi-stick in classic red....NEVER AGAIN! I was expecting it to be smooth and easy application-NOT! It's got staying power: I had to wash my face three times to get it off....leave it to the pros: not consumer friendly!

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

I really like this setting spray and for the price. I tried a setting spray from Catrice and it was a fail. It left my skin looking wet and I don't like that look. I like a little natural glow, but that spray was bad.

I  am trying a new thing on really hot days. I've only tried it once, but I liked it. I moisturizer my face and let that sink in. Apply my primer and mist my face lightly with the ELF spray and then I go to my eyes and do them. I almost always do my eyes first. Then I go to foundation or BB cream if it's hot. I mist my face after I blend that in and then after that has set I go on to blush and bronzer and setting the rest of my face. I will mist lightly after I've got all my powders on and then mascara and lips are the final steps. 

I know this sounds like extra, but it's just very light mist and it's not really any more time. I have to say the day I tried it my makeup really stayed in place longer. 

Okay I know I rambled on but I do like this setting spray and it sets matte. It's also helps take away the "powderlook." I get mine at Walmart, but Elf is available at a lot of places. HTH   Let me know if you have any more questions. 🙂

Honored Contributor

@Kabella,   I hope everything is okay with you.  Come back when you can and take care.  HeartCat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2,   You got me wanting the Magic cream used at night.  I will have to check it out at Nordstrom's website.  Thanks for sharing your reviews -- they were excellent!  HeartCat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2,  I hope you return the Nars.  Sounds like a nightmare to remove.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@wvumountiefan,   Thank you for your reviews.  Did you ever order from elf website?  If you sign up for emails, your first purchase is either 15 or 20% off, I can't remember.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I think the "Reviews" are a good thing so we will keep it.  I enjoy reading about different products and the results.  Thanks so much everyone for participating and even if you don't purchase anything, you can review an older product you have.  Good or Bad, let's review!  Have a great weekend!  I have to add that when I see before and after of a mature woman (me - mid 60's) she always looks better in the after with some makeup.  It doesn't have to be a lot but a little lipstick or gloss, blush, do something with the eyes, and you are ready to go!  I see so many women in my building that do not wear any makeup and it looks bad.  

kindness is strength