Honored Contributor

BEAUTY PURCHASES & REVIEWS 12/8/17

[ Edited ]

Snow is on the way!  Hey! Hey!  Hi Beauties, I hope you are all doing well and shopping for yourself and others.

Acure Organics -

Radically Rejuvenating Cleansing Cream - I like it.  It's a cream but it will turn to foam if you use your hand or sponge.  

Marula Oil

Citrus Argan Oil - I like to switch up on these two oils at night.

Micellar Water Cleansing wipes with rose and cucumber - very nice removes makeup easily.

philosophy -  Snow Angel body wash and body lotion - Mailed out as a Christmas gift.

I hope you all had a great week.  Our weather went for 64 to 27 in a matter of 2 days and colder tonight.  Share your purchases or beauty gifts.  Stay Pretty, Beauties!   HeartCat Wink  P.S.  The best part of the Acure Organics products is everything was 40% off even the new packaging products.  They changed their packaging and I guess they wanted to sell off the remaining old packaging.  It really was a great deal.  My two oils were $17 and then I had to spend $25 to get free shpg. so I purchased the other two products.  This was offered over Black Friday weekend.  I am not sure what they are offering now. 

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: BEAUTY PURCHASES & REVIEWS 12/8/17

Bought a Lancôme La Vie Est Belle Gift Set 

http://images.ulta.com/is/image/Ulta/2520393?$detail$

& a Smashbox Cover Shot Smoky palette

Received 5X points on the palette & received the free mint green robe from Ulta. Bought the matching slipper socks too.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

I had some tiny snowflakes falling this week and it's currently 11 with the windchill. 

This week I ordered the Becca primer set that's the BeautyIQ steal. And it really is a steal as Sephora is selling them 29 for one and QVC it's the same price for two. I'd already ordered from Sephora which I might return. 

My Huda Palettes arrived that I ordered last Friday. The Obsessions in Electric and Mauve. I'm slightly on the fence. They just came last night so I barely had a chance to play with them. The colors are gorgeous though.

The mauve is more pink toned than her desert dusk and still different from her rose gold. I can see mixing the shades of those three palettes for some looks. I really like the three shimmer shades in the mauve. I generally wear angelic a lot as a highlight, so it's nice to have a pinker highlight color with shimmer. 

Electric, is just incredible. The red shade is a different tone to her others in different palettes. The orange is like a melon shade. But the real show stoppers are the duo toned blue, violet and turqoise. 

hud043_hudabeauty_minieyeshadowpalette_mauveobsessions_3_1560x1960-r9ia0.jpg

holiday-2017_huda-beauty-obsessions_001_promo.jpg

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

I did some damage this week. 😁. 

Colourpop x Kathleenlights collab - Dream Street eyeshadow palette. 

UD Distortion eyeshadow palette from Sephora. I used my $20 off $50 coupon code. I was gonna order a Natasha Denona 5 pan palette but decided on the UD. The colors are beautiful. 

2 Morphe 518 eyeshadow brushes, L’Oreal lipstick in Vanished Rosewood, Ulta brand 5 piece lip toppers lipgloss. 

One thing im getting that I’m really excited about is a Tom Ford mini lipstick in the color Indian Rose. It was a 100 point perk with my Sephora order. I’ve never tried a TF lipstick. 

I also ordered the Skinfix kit that was the QVC 2 big deal the other day. It’s really getting cold here in the mountains in WV and my skin needs it. 

I think that’s it for me. Have a great week ladies. 😊

I have not received any of these items yet, but will let you know my thought when I get them. I’m on a Colourpop kick right now and they can do no wrong right now. 

Trusted Contributor

I'm just glad the snow is coming on Saturday when I don't have to be anywere (like work).

Bought two Algenist products with my Sephora discount coupon: the color correcting primer and the finishing powder with color correcting colors in it that they swore in the presentation on BeautyIQ would absolutely not settle in pores or wrinkles and has a radiant finish.  We'll find out.  Have tried the primer and like it very much - at matte finish and not a slick layer like most primers.

Have great weekends everyone!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought new shampoo and conditioner-- the Nioxin brand---went to get my hair cut and was told I  needed this as my hair was a hot mess!! I've been using up the dibs and dabs of stuff for months now and it has taken a toll on my hair. Used this brand a few years back and LOVED it. so now, will clear out all those nasty shampoos and start fresh!! That includes the Wen that I tried--horrible stuff!!!

Got Philosophy gingerbread man body cream---delicious!!!

Respected Contributor

Bought the 

Urban Decay Ultimate Pair Lip Kit in Backtalk and Rush-- love it! 

Origin Gift Set--I love Origin's GinZing Moisturizer. And it is actually cheaper to buy it in a gift set then buying the moisturizer itself.

Wet n Wild Eyeshadow Pallet (Rose in the Air)--Wow, I can't believe how pigmented it is for just $5!! It's one of the new release eyeshadows from Wet n Wild.

Unknown.jpg

The top is the Wet n Wild, and the bottom is Modern Renaissance.  I don't have the Modern Renaissance, so I can't compare.  But there are many YouTube videos that did a side by side comparison and agree that it is very similar. 

Have a great weekend, Beauties!

Respected Contributor

@jaxs mom & @JustJazzmom  Both of your eyeshadow palettes you bought are stunning!! Heart

Honored Contributor

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

Bought the 

Urban Decay Ultimate Pair Lip Kit in Backtalk and Rush-- love it! 

Origin Gift Set--I love Origin's GinZing Moisturizer. And it is actually cheaper to buy it in a gift set then buying the moisturizer itself.

Wet n Wild Eyeshadow Pallet (Rose in the Air)--Wow, I can't believe how pigmented it is for just $5!! It's one of the new release eyeshadows from Wet n Wild.

Unknown.jpg

The top is the Wet n Wild, and the bottom is Modern Renaissance.  I don't have the Modern Renaissance, so I can't compare.  But there are many YouTube videos that did a side by side comparison and agree that it is very similar. 

Have a great weekend, Beauties!

Some youtubers also mentioned that the UD Heat & Smashbox Ablaze are similar for those who want smaller vs. larger palettes. 

@momoftwo2007 I tried the green shade yesterday from the Smashbox Smoky palette (its called STFU) & it’s a duotone shade with an emphasis on me of trending towards the black vs. the green. I will try it again today, & not over another eyeshadow color.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@wvumountiefan,   I would love to hear what you think of the Tom Ford lipstick.  Curious.  

kindness is strength