Super Contributor

Re: BEAUTY PURCHASES & REVIEWS 12/29/17

@Ainhisg I just opened a new container of Working Hands; going through it a bit faster this year. We generally don't have much of a winter---around here we say winter is one weekend in February. Mother Nature had a different mind set this year and it's been February weather here on and off since early November. My central heat is getting one heck of a work out.

I am noticing that I am having to step up my body lotion routine as well. My skin has never been this dry! One of the perks of living in what is usually a humid climate (until this year). I also just opened a new container of philosophy body soufle and frankly I don't think it's strong enough either. I'm considering purchasing Josie's body butter, as I am happy with her foundation. I just wonder if it would arrive before our weather flips back to normal down here lol......

also, don't own a humidifier....never needed one before....Smiley Embarassed

Never mistake kindness for weakness
Respected Contributor

@catchersmom wrote:

@Ainhisg I just opened a new container of Working Hands; going through it a bit faster this year. We generally don't have much of a winter---around here we say winter is one weekend in February. Mother Nature had a different mind set this year and it's been February weather here on and off since early November. My central heat is getting one heck of a work out.

I am noticing that I am having to step up my body lotion routine as well. My skin has never been this dry! One of the perks of living in what is usually a humid climate (until this year). I also just opened a new container of philosophy body soufle and frankly I don't think it's strong enough either. I'm considering purchasing Josie's body butter, as I am happy with her foundation. I just wonder if it would arrive before our weather flips back to normal down here lol......

also, don't own a humidifier....never needed one before....Smiley Embarassed

@catchersmom, while on Amazon, I saw where O'Keefe's has a body lotion called Skin Repair that's supposed to moisturize and protect for 48 hours.  The price was reasonable for it, too.  I am thinking about trying it when I run out of my Gold Bond Ultra Healing, which I love.  We had to break out our humidifier for the first time in a few years.  We have a 1700 square foot home, and it does a reasonable job especially for the money.  You can buy it, filters, and bacteriostatic treatment on Amazon.  (I think all of it is available at Lowe's, as well.)  Anyway, I would buy it 7 days a week over several I have seen advertized on the Q.  It's not the prettiest unit, but it works well, doesn't leave any type of a residue on furniture, and is easy to operate.  It only needs to be cleaned and have a new filter installed when you're done for the season.  If you're interested in it, it is called the AIRCARE MA0800 Digital Whole-House Console-Style Evaporative Humidifier and is $73.

Honored Contributor

Still usng Nioxin shampoo and conditioner and what a huge difference to my thinning , limp hair!!! 

Honored Contributor

Visited a Sephora & tried the mini BECCA highlighter in Vanilla Quartz on my face today. I liked how it looked & bought it. 

I swatched Smashbox CoverShot Metallic eyeshadow palette on my forearm. I liked that too but bought it at Ulta so I could get the points.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom  I want to try the BECCA HL in Vanilla Quartz. It’s gonna be my next buy. I have 2 of the Smashbox eyeshadow palettes like that in Ablaze and I can’t think of the other one right off, but it’s more cool toned with grays. I got the 2 e/s palettes and a HL palette at Ulta a while back. All 3 palettes were $29. Crazy deal but worth it. Great size for travel. 

Honored Contributor

I purchased Clinique's Cleansins Balm and love it!!!!! I purchased it after receiving a sample of it and liking it so much, I purchased the regular size. It is a lot of product and you don;t need a lot, so it will last me quite a while! 

I love that you can use it all over, including your eyes, and no stinging or irritation whatsoever! Great product! My husband also has been loving the Men's Skincare line by Clinique as well! 

Honored Contributor

@wvumountiefan The Vanilla Quartz is like a white pearl and it’s best not to overdo it. It definitely brightened the areas I put it on (above the cheekbones & below the eyes).

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼