Honored Contributor

BEAUTY PURCHASES & REVIEWS 12/22/17

[ Edited ]

Hi Beauties,   Happy Holidays and I wish you all a very Merry Christmas.  I guess everyone is winding down with shopping and wrapping gifts.  I hope you had some time for beauty products for yourself or others.  I purchased:

Aveda Blue Malva shampoo 1 litre.  Since my hair is salt & pepper, I like to use this shampoo for highlights to my hair and it smells wonderful.

Last week I purchased Invati by Aveda shampoo and conditioner.  So far I am not impressed with these products.

Beauties, please share your purchases and reviews and a I wish you all a weekend filled with love and laughter.  Stay Pretty, Beauties!

HeartCat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: BEAUTY PURCHASES & REVIEWS 12/22/17

@Katcat1

Younique lipstick in “Ritzy” (pale pink) very soothing and creamy! Add on top: lip sparkle ... used on lips and eyelids and cheeks. Love this so much! Hope it becomes a permanent product!

Lip balm from Piping Rock... very natural, reasonable, and I really like this stuff!

Beekman whipped body cream.... truly unscented and heavenly! 

11590CD3-442D-47DF-AA97-7446F5C8993D.jpeg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Bought another ColourPop pencil liner in 'Teaspoon'. It has a slight shimmer and I wear it mostly on the top, smudged out a bit to give me a shadow of color. I have very dark brown hair and my eyes are dark brown. This color looks good on me, especially when I put it with another plum color in the crease. Looks dramatic on my waterline!Woman Very Happy

ColourPop Liner in 'Teaspoon' - $5

teaspoon-liner_a_grande.jpg

download.jpg

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee    Brown eyes look really pretty with dark brown or black liners.  I like it more so than on other color eyes.  The green color is pretty smudged out I bet it looks great.  

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I got a set of Loreal Infallible ProMatte Gloss (Shanghai Scarlet Forbidden Kiss, Bare Attraction and and Statement Nude) at Walgreens.  

It is like a hybrid liquid lipstick and lip gloss.   I really like it, especially the nude shades.  The ones I got are mini sizes.  But I can see myself purchasing the full size once I use them up.

Loreal-Infallible-Matte-Gloss-Swatches.jpg

Honored Contributor

@momoftwo2007   Bare Attraction looks really pretty.  Gives you a little color on the lips but not too much.  A winner!

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I did finally get the new WetnWild eyeshadow palette in the Rose. It’s definitely a dupe for the Anastasia Modern Renaissance palette. I’m wearing today and it’s so good! I want more! 

WetnWild Matte setting mist. Have not tried yet, but I am sure it is fine. 

Zote bar soap- I bought this on a recommendation to clean my makeup brushes. I cleaned a few of my eye brushes the other night to test this out, and it didn’t take long at all. It cleaned my Beauty Blender like nothing else. It’s cheap and smells good. Highly recommend! I got the pink one from Amazon. 

I thinnk thats it! Have a great weekend! 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

For years, I have used and loved Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Daily Moisturing Lotion 30 SPF.  It wears well under any kind of primer/makeup, the texture is good, and the scent is non-offensive to me.  Because it has gotten more and more expensive ($29 for 2 oz.), I bought a bottle of Cerave moisturizing lotion 30 SPF this week.  I knew it was a mix of chemical/mineral sunscreens but didn't realize how different it would feel compared to the PC mineral sunscreen.  Yuck!  It was thick and once applied over my AHA product (which had been on my face for 15 minutes), it immediately pilled up into little white balls.  I am returning it to Wal-Mart next week.  I immediately got online and ordered TWO Paula's Choice lotions.  lol  Thank goodness their 20% off and free shipping promotion was still going on.  I have learned my lesson!

Respected Contributor

@wvumountiefan wrote:

I did finally get the new WetnWild eyeshadow palette in the Rose. It’s definitely a dupe for the Anastasia Modern Renaissance palette. I’m wearing today and it’s so good! I want more! 

WetnWild Matte setting mist. Have not tried yet, but I am sure it is fine. 

Zote bar soap- I bought this on a recommendation to clean my makeup brushes. I cleaned a few of my eye brushes the other night to test this out, and it didn’t take long at all. It cleaned my Beauty Blender like nothing else. It’s cheap and smells good. Highly recommend! I got the pink one from Amazon. 

I thinnk thats it! Have a great weekend! 

@wvumountiefan  YES! I love the WetnWild Rose in the Air, too. It's hard to believe that a $5 eyeshadow palette can be any good, but it is excellent.