Honored Contributor

BEAUTY PURCHASES & REVIEWS 10/13/17

Happy Friday, Beauties!  It's the middle of October already which is hard to believe.  I actually purchased one Christmas gift so far.  Here is my beauty purchase:

Stickgloss lip colour by Laura Mercier - It's part lip balm, part lip color and part lip glace in Brown Sugar shade.  Very hydrating and nice especially for day wear when you want to go unnoticed and have a natural look.

Bumble & Bumble All-Style - Review - It's a heat protectant (against hair dryers), gives shine, bounce and volume.  The volume is more natural type and not like you would get with a mousse.  Really impressed with this product as it does deliver.

Share your purchases and/or reviews.  Stay Pretty, Beauties and have a great weekend!  HeartCat Wink

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Re: BEAUTY PURCHASES & REVIEWS 10/13/17

I have noticed that stores are getting in their holiday beauty goodies but so far it's been all look and no buy for them.

I did buy a Revlon gel lipstick, a peach scented lip gloss and an NYX lip gloss on sale. I also bought a limited edition Maybelline fairy powder (rainbow colored face highlighting powder) for Halloween. I like the Revlon lipsticks and gloss. The NYX gloss is a plumping one and I am not crazy about it. The Maybelline rainbow powder is a fun thing for Halloween and after that I'm going to give it to my daughter.

Valued Contributor

I've made 4 beauty purchases. 

Bare Minerals Hidden Treasures Palette - beautiful!! I can not recommend enough! Good if you like a palette with lots of cool colors, rare!  I see it's marked down here on QVC. I got it at Ulta. 

Tarte Clay Face shaper. I've had it one day but I do like it so far! That was a steal on Sephora. Com for $23.

Loccitane- deluxe advent calendar. 

Maybeline fit me concealer. I bought at Ulta and used a coupon to get a free Lancôme mini mascara. It's called big mascara so I was surprised it was a mini but oh well. Maybeline fit me is a great inexpensive concealer. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Michael Todd Sonicblend Makeup Brush! All I can say is WOW. This brush made my foundation look flawless, like it became one with my skin. It comes with a round-top brush and since I use a powder foundation I like flat-top brushes better so I ordered one from HSN. I think the flat-top will make it more compatible with powder application. But in the meantime, I love this brush! It is worth every penny I spent on it. I won't go back to manual. Woman Very Happy

ETA - This Sonicblend brush is not at all like the other rotating brushes you see out there. This is sonic and it is what makes this brush so much better than the others...no comparison.

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1

Love Laura Mercier lip products. 

Tried my Isomers R-Pur for Eyes  - Germinating Soy Extract.

It had immediated results for firming and volume.  It is an expensive product that you are only supposed to use a couple of times a year.  So instead of using the bottle top to bottom like I usually do I will probably only use it once or twice a week.

Respected Contributor

I bought a few things this week:

Smashbox has a deal on their website for 2 eyeshadow palettes and a highlight palette with 3 shades for $39. It’s a good deal ladies! Check it out. 

Philosophy- 2 shower gels in Apple Cider and Marshmallow Bars. Yum! 

Juvia’s Place- 2 eyeshadow palettes. The Saharan I and The Saharan II.

KL Polish- 2 nail polishes in the colors, Cozy In There? And Mami Martha. 

What can can I say about these eyeshadow palettes I’m buying? I love eyeshadows! 

Have a a great Weekend! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I purchased the 7 piece cosmetic bag of goodies from Lancôme — Christmas gift for someone 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@Cardamom,  What is the Tarte Clay Shaper?   Thanks.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMeeI love my Michael Todd Sonic Brush too. Have you tried it with blush? I bought additional brush heads and use one for blush. Flawless finish! You're right about no comparison. I think this is the Cadillac of rotating brushes and well worth the money. 

Valued Contributor

Hello Smiley Happy

Nothing new this week but I want to share a tip I learned. Hope it's okay to post a tip on this thread.  Some might already know this, but just in case. If your shadows, palettes, blushes, powder foundations, etc get a film over them or what is known as hard pan, use clear tape and cover the entire product. Gently rub on top of the tape. Peel off tape and viola! No more hard pan. Some use clear packing tape. Regular tape works for me. Sure beats scrapping with a file and losing more product than necessary.