Honored Contributor

BEAUTY PURCHASES & REVIEWS 1/5/18

Happy New Year, Beauties.  I actually did not buy one beauty item.  I did buy after Christmas Ugg boots on sale but that's it.

Share your purchases and/or reviews and enjoy your weekend.  To those on the East Coast, please stay safe.  Stay Pretty, Beauties.  Cat Very HappyHeart

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: BEAUTY PURCHASES & REVIEWS 1/5/18

I just ordered Gucci " Bloom " from Sephora. I had a sample that I really loved, but I just ordered the rollerball, till I know if I really like it.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I read here about the Mally Instantly Impactful Mascara, so I bought it. Full price (It's on sale at Ulta for $10) & I hate it. It goes on nicely & makes my lashes look nice & long. If I even think about touching my eye that mascara flakes off all over my face. Very disappointed. 

On the other hand I got the Kevyn Aucoin Neo Trio Palettes & they are AWESOME. I had not joined the highlighter revolution, but these are so gorgeous. I have used them all over my face! I am like a kid with a new toy!

Honored Contributor

@Dusty1    Mally's cosmetics were cheaply made with high prices.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I have been using Pond's Clarant B moisture cream for a week.   I wanted some extra moisture on my face due to our dry winter air, it's supposed to lighten dark spots in 4 weeks, and (the big reason) it was on sale for $1.50!   I'm applying it over my Vit C serum in the mornings -- however, instead of adding the extra moisture I wanted, I find it very drying.   I want to keep using it to see if it really does lighten dark blotches, but might save it for summer when my complexion is oily.

So, my usual CereVe moisturizer was drying my face - I switched to Pond's Clarant B, and it's also drying.  Will buy a new moisturizer today or tomorrow.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

Happy New Year, Beauties!

I went to Ulta and picked up whole bunch of clearance and sale items--Body Shop mini set in Vanilla Chai, Julep Stars of the Show kit, Covergirl Oh Sugar Lip balm, and Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink in Seductress. The Maybelline Matte Ink was not on sale, but I used my Ulta coupon for that. I already have one in a different color, and love the staying power of this liquid lipstick.

I also went to Target and picked up two Soap and Glory holiday gift sets (they are all in the 70% off section).

I am pretty thrilled by my post-Christmas findsWoman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

I did get the Anastasia BH Subculture palette, and it swatches beautifully, but I’ve not had a chance to play with it. I’m hoping that since it’s been out a little while that it will work out. I did get it for $26 since it was a Sephora weekly wow and then I got it for another 20% off of that. I love the colors. 

I also bought a kit from Sleek Makeup that included the Solstice palette and a metallic lip product. I’m not crazy about the lip color, but the Solstice palette is pretty. I will let you know my thoughts after I’ve had a chance to play with it. 

Have a a blessed weekend! Stay warm and safe my friends! 

Honored Contributor

@tototwo  Burt's Bees has a sensitive skin moisturizer and there is always Ceptaphil.  FYI

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I ordered the new Kat Von D Basketcase liner that was released today. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

I have been using Pond's Clarant B moisture cream for a week.   I wanted some extra moisture on my face due to our dry winter air, it's supposed to lighten dark spots in 4 weeks, and (the big reason) it was on sale for $1.50!   I'm applying it over my Vit C serum in the mornings -- however, instead of adding the extra moisture I wanted, I find it very drying.   I want to keep using it to see if it really does lighten dark blotches, but might save it for summer when my complexion is oily.

So, my usual CereVe moisturizer was drying my face - I switched to Pond's Clarant B, and it's also drying.  Will buy a new moisturizer today or tomorrow.

@tototwo

Can you spot any ingredients that are in both of these that may be giving you that adverse effect?

Have you ever checked out the Korean 7-step toning method? Ever since Silleemee or someone mentioned it months ago, I've been doing it. I'm blown away with the extra moisture it provides.

I don't use any special toners -- I could use green or white teas, if I wanted -- just toners that I got from Andalou, and more recently added Tatcha Essence. But the all-day moisturization is amazing! (I do not use any moisturizer at night - except for around eyes & neck.)