Honored Contributor

Re: BEAUTY PURCHASES & REVIEW 8/25/17

[ Edited ]

I bought some Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Echo ( navy blue), Damned ( a wine color) and Backstage Bambi ( neon pink). 

I'm seriously considering picking up some other colors too. I love her liquid lipsticks they stay extremely well. 

ok well to update this is the total haul, I ordered more today. 

Everlasting Liquid Lipstick

Echo- navy blue

Witches-black

Damned-black cherry

Backstage Bambi-vivid hot pink

And the new Everlasting Glimmer Veil which you can wear alone or as a topper over lipstick

Wizard-black with gold and purple glimmer

Televator-bright grape with purple glimmer

Dazzle-crimson pink with gold and pink glimmer

Reverb-cobalt with blue glimmer

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

I also bought the Laura Geller TSV last week.  Today is the first time I used it.  I'm happy with my color choice (Golden Medium) and I think everything in the set is FANTASTIC.  I think all the colors work perfectly for me.  I'm a happy girl!  Now all I need to do is follow through with tossing all the other makeup that I've accumulated but not been insane about.  I did order yesterday from Evine some makeup from Jay Manuel that came with a primer and concealer so I'll give that a whirl when it arrives.  I grew out of love with IT Cosmetic's Bye Bye Undereye, it was like the formulation changed and the coverage wasn't great.  Have Bobbi Brown's concealer, but it's not as creamy as I like.  That's why I figured I'll try Jay Manuel's items.

I love these boards and really enjoy reading everyone's experiences and opinions about products, good and bad. 

Have a great Sunday!

Honored Contributor

@BarbiHollywood.  Check out Laura Mercier's Secret Concealer  It is creamy and does not settle into fine lines.  I have using for several years now.  Nordstrom has her products - free shpg., free returns.  Have a great day.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I bought a couple of NYX chubby lip crayons on clearance, one color I like and one is meh -- too light on the lips. I also tried those peel off gel eye mask semi-circles that come in a foil packet. I like the expensive one called Ready in 15 but won't repurchase as it's basically agar jelly. I bought some cheap ones from Walmart's Still brand instead to try.

This week I have bought and used a varity of Life brand clay and gel masks as they come in foil packets - 3 for $5 Cdn at Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada. You can get at least 3 or 4 uses out of each packet as each holds 15ml or just over half an ounce. I've decided I do not like sheet masks as they are claustrophobic.

Valued Contributor

I have a few items on order. They should be here this week. Will post after I use them Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Not sure if it's okay to post this here. I figure everyone who posts and reads, likes beauty products and a good deal. Just recieived an email. Up to 70% off at Laura Geller's site. I bought Eye Spackle for $12. I bought a couple kits (less than $20!) to put in a beauty basket that I am putting together for an animal rescue fundraiser donation. Also bought her Real Deal Concealer. Spend $50 for free shipping.  Others rave about her Eye Spackle. I'll let you know in a couple weeks. 

Trusted Contributor

@BarbiHollywood

I too purchased the Jay Manuel kit from HSN and I am on extended delivery so not expecting it until mid September.  I wanted to know which shade you went with as I was so indecisive.  I noted that you purchased Laura Geller's B&B TSV in Golden Medium so I was wondering, did you go with Medium Filter 2 or 3?  I went with Med. Filter 2 because the Med. Filter 3 being demo'd looked quite orange to me and the reviews for any of his foundations say they lean dark and orange.  Just curious, thank you in advance.

Valued Contributor

I  purchased Wander Beauty Beach Balm in Sangria , It is a  reddih -orange color in the tube , It can go on dark or sheer according to how much you want on , Alight touch will give you a sheer reddish color and dark red if youput more on , Its pretty though and really smooth and creamy , If you want a stained lip just blot and you will be left with a stained healthy look on your lips . I like it , I also got the highlighter , ,which also comes in a lipstick -like tube , It is a champagne color not bright white , It blends easily and that is nice a s well for highlighting ,eyes ,lips ,or cheekbones.[also by Wander.]

cathy from ma

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Received yesterday,  a sample in the mail of the new Urban Decay Troublemaker mascara. Will try it today and see how it looks on me.

Some bloggers are saying it replaces their 'Big Fatty' mascara. I never bought that one so I don't know.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

I bought some Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Echo ( navy blue), Damned ( a wine color) and Backstage Bambi ( neon pink). 

I'm seriously considering picking up some other colors too. I love her liquid lipsticks they stay extremely well. 

ok well to update this is the total haul, I ordered more today. 

Everlasting Liquid Lipstick

Echo- navy blue

Witches-black

Damned-black cherry

Backstage Bambi-vivid hot pink

And the new Everlasting Glimmer Veil which you can wear alone or as a topper over lipstick

Wizard-black with gold and purple glimmer

Televator-bright grape with purple glimmer

Dazzle-crimson pink with gold and pink glimmer

Reverb-cobalt with blue glimmer

Just a review now that everything I bought has been delivered. I love all of it. And the Glimmer Veil are just amazing. I'm going to buy at least one of the pink ones now also. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval