Honored Contributor

BEAUTY PURCHASES & REVIEW 8/25/17

Hi Beauties and Happy Friday.  September is almost here which is hard to believe.  Share your purchases and/or reviews.

I purchased Peter Thomas Roth Cult Classic Kit which is now the Skin Saver Kit.  I was so excited and loved the facial wash but by the 3 or 4th time I used the facial wash my facial cheeks were bright red with little bumps.  It took a couple of days to go away. It is being returned.  I did not think my skin was so sensitive now but obviously certain ingredients are not for me.  If you do not have sensitive skin you will love his facial wash.  It opens and cleans pores.

Essie quick dry top coat

Essie dark burgundy nail polish

Please share your purchases or review for new or old products.  Have a great weekend, Beauties and Stay Pretty.

HeartCat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Re: BEAUTY PURCHASES & REVIEW 8/25/17

Neutrogena Moisture Smooth lip crayon. I've heard great things about this and finally took the plunge. The smell and taste is off-putting. I'd expect this in cheapy ELF made in China  lipgloss. Not in Neutrogena. Bummer 

Respected Contributor

Dose of Colors: I purchased 2 items for the DesixKaty collab. The lipstick No Shade and the eyeshadow quad. Just received it a little bit ago and I have not opened it yet. 

Makeup Forever: metal tin magnetic palette and I love it!! Plan on getting another one. 

Have a great weekend! 

Respected Contributor

@scatcat wrote:

Neutrogena Moisture Smooth lip crayon. I've heard great things about this and finally took the plunge. The smell and taste is off-putting. I'd expect this in cheapy ELF made in China  lipgloss. Not in Neutrogena. Bummer 

@scatcat  I've heard great things about that, too, and wanted to try it. But I think you just saved me some money. ThanksWoman Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1 I like the Peter Roth face cleanser but it irritates me after too many days in a row as well.  I have to switch off between it and something more gently.  But it does clear my pores and make my skin feel smooth!  

I purchased both the josie Marian and laura Geller TSVs.  Both were impulse purchases that im thrilled i made.  I needed a new oil and mascara so figured I'd give Josie's kit a try.  The milk seems a little heavy at first but absorbs well and makes my skin very soft.  A small amount of the foundation goes a long way when spread thin over the oil.  Makes my skin look very natural.  The first day I tried on clean skin and it was way too heavy and thick.  Thinning it out with oil or argan milk helped a lot.  So far so good and if it continues, I will keep the auto delivery going!

the Geller kit is amazing as they always seem to be.  I needed a light balance and brighten so when I saw the kit, went for it.  I love her lip lusters, and this shade is beautiful.  The brown liner is perfect, the blush is perfect, and the eyeshadow duo was perfect.  What can I say - the kit was incredibl for me.  Gkad that I purchased on auto delivery and thrilled there are no brushes!

so not a bad month for me.  

Trusted Contributor

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

@scatcat wrote:

@scatcat  I've heard great things about that, too, and wanted to try it. But I think you just saved me some money. ThanksWoman Very Happy

@momoftwo2007and @scatcat..yes that overly sugar scent and worse yet is that sweet taste, like it's sugary!!. I guess younger people love that sweetness. I'd return it. Agree with you scat.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Honored Contributor

@Mrsq2022,  My face felt like it was on fire extremely red and some bumpy skin.  Glad it is over with.  I will stick to my milder products.  Anti-Aging is not for me.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@scatcat,  Burt's Bees of all companies has excellent lip crayons.  I own two.  Don't remember price but under $10.  

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I purchased a few items with my 20% off coupon from Ulta, and they arrived yesterday.  

First, I got the It Confidence In a Compact foundation.  I tested this a couple times, and really liked it.  Used it today, so it's too soon for a formal review, but so far, so good.  The only negative is that it might be a tad too dark... I got the light, and I'm really between fair and light.

I reordered my Hask Argon Shampoo and Conditioner.  I really like these, and the price is GREAT.... they were on sale for about $4.50 each, for 12 oz, and then I got 20% off.

And, because I needed to get my order up to $50 for the free shipping, I ordered a MAC eyeshadow in the shade Beautiful Iris.  It's a really pretty shade, but I'm not convinced that it has great staying power.  I used it with a primer.  Will test it out further.

Honored Contributor

I was TRYING to justify buying,  Laura Gellers, super size champange spackle with the side of the hydrating spackle---but didn't do it--instead went to e/bay and bought 5 sample sizes of the hydrating one for $6.99 w/ free shipping, to try.  I really like LG make up. And also BE as well, but hate spending the $$ and then not liking it. Haven't used it yet.