Honored Contributor

Re: BEAUTY PURCHASES 1/21/21

I purchased THRIVE Causemetics mascara and the eye brightener.

I am not a beauty junkie but wanted someting to try and brighten my eyes.

The eye brightener is easily applied but sparkly...not horrible and I did know it had some sparkles when I purchased.  I think I should have picked a different color.  I am not sure the name of what I ordered but is's a 'pearl' color or lightest they offer. 

I do like the mascara, especially the wand and there was no flaking.  I was hoping  it would make my lashes look better but did not.  My lashes are straight, very striaght and will no longer curl.  I have tried many lash curlers, heated, not heated....and different mascaras nothing works.

Valued Contributor

I purchased Flower Beauty Gel Crush Lip and Cheek ( to use as a blush).  

Pros:  Beautiful pink color (Strawberry)

Easy to apply ( I use my fingers )

Luminous Look

Cons:   Doesn’t dry down completely

Doesn’t last as long as my powder blushes

It can remove foundation if I’m not careful applying

All in all, I like it, but will probably not repurchase.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm I hope you and your DH feel better.  Please keep in touch and take care.

Esteemed Contributor

The Carmindy eye liners came this week - the slate & the dark brown. Surprisingly, they are some of the best liners I've tried. (Well, it's only day 2...)  I specifically wanted the slate, since I think gray compliments my brown eyes nicely, and I don't look like Jezebel. But the brown is pretty good, too.

Still waiting on some Ready to Wear, and I can't believe I ordered the new Skinn foundation. I don't do (or need) foundation, but I wanted to add a drop when I'm doing my Zoom classes. Zoom's built-in touch up makes you look pasty.

Haven't tried anything new in hair for a long time.

Valued Contributor

"It's a 10" leave-in conditioner spray becaus it really is the only thing that will tame my hair these days without weighing it down.

Maybelline Lash Sensational Sky High mascara, and I'm thoroughly impressed.  I've been on a mission lately to find the perfect mascara for my lashes, whether it was a combo, low-end, high-end, whatever.  I use the waterproof with L'Oreal Voluminous Lash Primer (the original, not the lash paradise one) and it holds a curl despite all of the fog between my mask and glasses and adds lots of length.  Love it.  The lash paradise primer tends to make it more clumpy, but someone may like the volumizing effect.  At the end of the day, my lashes were still curled, and I couldn't believe it.

Redken hairspray, a couple of different formulas in the small size for trying.  So far, I love the quick dry one.  It was ridiculously expensive in the small size, but just a little goes a long way.  I'm tired of being disappointed by drugstore hairspray.  My hair is aging, color processed, and fine and tangly all at the same time.  I will likely purchase a large size after finishing the small one.

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered the Kaleidos x Angelica Nyqvist palette, Club Nebula.  Will take awhile to get here, but I am excited.

The Club Nebula Palette — Kaleidos Makeup

Kaleidos Makeup

They will be accepting orders again in February, but I'm glad I was able to get it at launch.  I'm on a low buy, so am allowing myself limited makeup/beauty purchases; this is one I could not pass up. 

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm   I hope you are feeling better as soon as possible.  A family member had it and she was given supplements by her doctor at the nursing home.  Zinc, vitamin C and vitamin D, I believe.  Ask your doctor regarding the dose and frequency.

Nurse squirrel | Squirrel funny, Baby squirrel, Cute squirrel

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

Three NYX colored eye pencils.  They claim to be water proof.  I put a line of each color on the back of my hand last night.  They're still there.  The purple  one looks a tiny bit faded. I've been trying to buy colors like these in the Colourpop line but they're always sold out and/or Ulta doesn't care the entire line.

Loreal Feria hair color in Deeply Brown

Tatcha Violet C Radiance Mask

Three Quality Fragrance Oils, Our Impression

London by Tom Ford

Cafe Rose by Tom Ford

Venetian Bergamont by Tom Ford

If you've never tried these before, you might consider it.  I discovered these after our last trip to Las Vegas.  I bought a bottle of Tom Ford Oud Wood in Vegas (at a ginormous Sephora...it was awesome!) and later was looking for dupes.  I've purchased several roller bottles of various colognes for my  husband (including Oud Wood)  but this is the first time I've purchased any for myself.  I've not sampled any of these scents before so I have no idea how true to the real thing they are.  BUT, the ones I've  purchased for my husband have been spot on.  I can't even smell them right now.  I can't smell anything.  Can't taste anything.  Was tested for COVID yesterday.  Don't have the results yet.

Oh no!   So sorry to read this.  Take care, @monicakm .  

Honored Contributor

So beautiful @mistriTsquirrel !  I'm envious. 

Honored Contributor

Hope you're feeling better @monicakm .