Esteemed Contributor

Re: BEAUTY LINES THAT HAVE DISAPPEARED?

@Shelbelle wrote:

Le Mirador, their melting face scrub,  and cherry body scrub were the best!!

@Shelbelle  They had a color-correcting concealer trio that was really good.  I was so sad when I went to repurchase and saw that Q didn't have it anymore.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Trusted Contributor

Mojave Magic 

I really loved his products.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Edward Bess Le metier de beaute

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Seems they've moved some of those brands over to BeautyiQ. 

@SilleeMee  It’s too bad they didn’t research how many cable companies would not carry Beauty IQ. I don’t turn on my computer just to watch something for 5 minutes on TV.

@Shanus if you have a smart TV then you can get the app for BeautyiQ and watch the channel that way.

@SilleeMee  I really don’t check in that often. Is the app worth it? Am I missing much?

Some of it is interesting, however, a lot of it is re-runs. Sometiimes I watch cuz there isn't much else on TV that interests me. Many times I have to use the mute button on BeautyiQ, if you know what I mean. The whole concept, to me, of that channel is like a TV version of youtube beauty tutorials and some of their presentations are good and some not. @Shanus

I don't get IQ on my cable so I did watch online- Do they all look shiny?  I found it almost disturbing they were so glossy.  I thought it was because I was watching online .  I never thought of the app.  I'll try that to see if it improves.  Thanks for the suggestion. 

Honored Contributor

@Kkins wrote:

Ojon...what was the name changed to?  

@Kkins  On HSN, the same vendor that invented Ojon, now does Tweaked....don’t think it’s the same as Ojon, but similar concept.

Esteemed Contributor

@Daysdee - I was also going to mention Joan Rivers' beauty items.  Sure wish they'd bring them back!  I used her nail products and her 'magic' hand cream.  It really was magic, in my opinion.  Nothing else I've ever used has helped my hands as much as Joan's hand cream.

I remember Tova's cosmetics line - also gone.  And what was that face scrubbing stuff that was supposed to be crushed pearls that you massaged into your face with a nylon net thingie?  Presented by Anson Williams?  Can't remember the name, but remember ordering it once.  One of those "what was I thinking?!?" moments.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I was really sad that the Q no longer is carrying the Edward Bess line.  I really like it.  I ended up ordering his foundation from Neiman Marcus instead. 

Honored Contributor

I used to love Tova's mascara.

Image result for tova mascara

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Regular Contributor

I miss the Smashbox shows with Holly. There was a beauty line called Derac, or something like that. The man used to work for Prescriptives and went on to make his own line. I still have a brush with magnets in the handle from his line. Also, there was some guy who made like a watercolor makeup but I can not remember the name of his line. I remember wanting to order his blush but it was too expensive for me at the time.

Esteemed Contributor

Diana young had good products

Honored Contributor

@Kkins wrote:

Ojon...what was the name changed to?  

@Kkins  Tweaked?