Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

Does this mean that QVC live will no longer present beauty items?

I very much doubt that, as BeautyIQ is mostly repeat content and isn't even available on TV in most markets right now.

Respected Contributor

Just don't see the purpose of it.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Occasional Contributor

I think that Beautyiq is probably a nice opportunity for Alberti.  I miss him on the regular Q.  However, to be a lead host on a niche channel that is experimenting with some of the ways to make TV more interactive and "cutting edge" in delivery seems like a great opportunity for him.  

Super Contributor

Beauty IQ is on Dish channel 9646 in the Sacramento California area.

Respected Contributor

I just found it a couple of days ago when a poster said it was on dish 73.  I watched a little and turned it on the next day and it was a repeat of what I saw the day before.  Then I turned it on again later and it was doll cosmetics and someone did her whole face spending forever on one product demonstration.  I don't think this will be a channel I will watch.

Esteemed Contributor

So far it appears BIQ is going to have the same sort of repeats as you see on Q Plus. I've seen l/2 dozen tutorials repeated all the time. There is the social media brought into the tutorials with beauty questions all through the tutorial. Mally is on practically daily with a repeat.

The show is very new and need lots of help along the selling lines. They run what's for sale on a bottom runner while the tutorial is on.

I think if the Q didn't come up with something very interesting for Alberti, they would lose him. Time will tell on the Q's selection of Alberti and the very new Elyse(?) to run the shows, although they're quite attractive together.

I hope the Q just doesn't let this wither away like Q Plus has done. It seems to me the Q comes up with an idea like Q Plus, but then doesn't nurture it, advance it and expand on it. Then, it just flounders and is all a repeat of the same old, same old as the Q, which is not doing well right now.

Valued Contributor

My cable does not carry it and it is a bother to see it on my computer.  They should be on the main Q at least one day a week.

Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

I am excited for this as I only watch beauty shows so this is perfect for someone like me and to have my favorite host on it-Alberti-makes it even better. It isn't a "waste" of a good host for those of us who love beauty shows! I have no idea who the other host is. Never seen her before.

@HappyDaze I think you'll love it Wendsday thru Sunday, 8:00- 12:00  pm EST they're live.  Alberti is as expected, delightful!  Elise is full of herself these days but better than any of Q's other options.  Btw she worked for three years on a luxury cruise line.  Her soothing voice and people skills make her the perfect candidate for the job.

Honored Contributor

@CoG wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

I am excited for this as I only watch beauty shows so this is perfect for someone like me and to have my favorite host on it-Alberti-makes it even better. It isn't a "waste" of a good host for those of us who love beauty shows! I have no idea who the other host is. Never seen her before.

@HappyDaze I think you'll love it Wendsday thru Sunday, 8:00- 12:00  pm EST they're live.  Alberti is as expected, delightful!  Elise is full of herself these days but better than any of Q's other options.  Btw she worked for three years on a luxury cruise line.  Her soothing voice and people skills make her the perfect candidate for the job.

@CoG unfortunately my Dish does not carry the channel. I am hoping they do eventually but it doesn't even have QVC in HD so I'm not holding my breath that they will even get the beauty iq channel. Smiley Sad