Esteemed Contributor

Re: BEAUTY GURUS - I NEED YOUR HELP!

@Katcat1 wrote:

@eddyandme  My suggestion is Marula oil twice a day.  Place drop in hands, rub together and pat on face.  During the day if able, use a moisturizer on face for dry skin.  Buy a gentle facial wash. Personally, I cannot use any anti-aging products  because I have experienced dryness, redness.  Cat Very Happy

I saw marula oil on amazonsmile, but only heard of argon oil on the Q.  Thanks, @Katcat1, will give it a try.

Super Contributor

Ok a few things will help: 

use paulas choice skin recovery toner

take good oils and fish oil and phytoceramides from HSN, Andrew Lessman best products on the planet and Hair skin and nails supplements. 

Start with cerave moisturizing lotion recommended by derms and the hydrating cleanser 

also can order First Aid Beauty cream it is amazing for healing and building barrier

also look at Skinfix moisturizing mask.. 

all these are good for building skin barrier. 

Go on utube and learn a lot from others 

try 2% BHA liguid from Paulas Choice if you need to exfoliate.. 

Super Contributor

Forgot to mention I am 58 and have beautiful skin with no wrinkles and look quite young. I do Retin a however and Thr Truth treatments retinol .. I also do like Argan  milk. 

Esteemed Contributor

@beauty0125 wrote:

Forgot to mention I am 58 and have beautiful skin with no wrinkles and look quite young. I do Retin a however and Thr Truth treatments retinol .. I also do like Argan  milk. 

Than for the info, @beauty0125.  What are Truth treatments retinol?  Is that the brand?

Respected Contributor

@eddyandme, ugh that's awful. Hope that better days are ahead for you. It seems that that once a dark cloud moves in, it takes its good old time moving out. Take care.

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

My skin has never been dry.  And, perhaps aside from a little sagging, never had a problem - except now:  I'm dry and wrinkly!

Gotta toss out all my makeup as it just looks awful on now.  My skin routines definitely, no longer working.

I would appreciate any/all the advice you can muster from skincare to makeup solutions.

Thanks.

@eddyandme  Most replies are treating the problem with skincare, diet and more water. I think you should have your thyroid checked. My 1st symptom was unusually dry skin (for me). Once on medication, all back to normal within 3 months....Now back to regular skincare/makeup. Keep me posted please. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@eddyandme wrote:

My skin has never been dry.  And, perhaps aside from a little sagging, never had a problem - except now:  I'm dry and wrinkly!

Gotta toss out all my makeup as it just looks awful on now.  My skin routines definitely, no longer working.

I would appreciate any/all the advice you can muster from skincare to makeup solutions.

Thanks.

@eddyandme  Most replies are treating the problem with skincare, diet and more water. I think you should have your thyroid checked. My 1st symptom was unusually dry skin (for me). Once on medication, all back to normal within 3 months....Now back to regular skincare/makeup. Keep me posted please. 

Thanks, @Shanus, I did have that checked not that long ago - it was fine.  

Just got some of Josie's stuff and yesterday tried some ResQ face wash, wrinkle and cream - immediately noticed great improvement!  Also, staying away from strong cleansers, etc. and think that's helped.  But, thank you for the info and I'll let you know how it's going - fingers crossed!

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@eddyandme wrote:

Thanks.

Thanks, @Shanus, I did have that checked not that long ago - it was fine.  

Just got some of Josie's stuff and yesterday tried some ResQ face wash, wrinkle and cream - immediately noticed great improvement!  Also, staying away from strong cleansers, etc. and think that's helped.  But, thank you for the info and I'll let you know how it's going - fingers crossed!

@eddyandme   👌🏻

Honored Contributor

Not a guru here either. But would echo the recommendations to use a very gentle cleanser without harsh surfactants in it. And ease up on anything exfoliating or peeling. Sudden really dry or sensitive skin (provided it isn't a sympotom of another health problem) is usually the result of having stripped off your protection layer that holds in your moisture. All the moisture is just evaporating out of your skin.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr