Honored Contributor

@iwrite wrote:

no, i don't think here, that a breakthrough here means new or improved.

the word/phrase is used as marketing hype.

if something was truly new or a breakthrough, the word would have been out, way before said product arrived here.

maybe they mean, new to them.

@iwrite   Except for Carmindy, which has been online, most of what was presented was not new to anyone. 

Honored Contributor

@ShanusI'm so far out of the color cosmetic market that I haven't the slightest idea what breakthrough might appeal to the women in my 75+ age group.   I haven't heard a single acquaintance lament the absence of new and better cosmetic products of any kind for a very, very long time -  probab;y since I retired and there was no 6 in my age when I did that!

Valued Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@iwrite wrote:

no, i don't think here, that a breakthrough here means new or improved.

the word/phrase is used as marketing hype.

if something was truly new or a breakthrough, the word would have been out, way before said product arrived here.

maybe they mean, new to them.

@iwrite   Except for Carmindy, which has been online, most of what was presented was not new to anyone. 

@Shanus 

i don't understand your reply, as my reply was not indicating that anything new was being aired, just the opposite.

when i used the word 'here' on the 1st line of my reply, i was referring to qvc.

when new products come out, they are in the media in some shape, form or fashion (a blog or magazine for example), then down the road, said new product may arrive here, once the company and product has been vetted and gone through legal.

Honored Contributor

@iwrite   I was agreeing with you, sorry if my wording was confusing or I misunderstood.