Valued Contributor
I don’t think those that have had work done need to shout it out. Anyone savvy can tell. If it was as easy as applying these serums & creams wouldn’t we all look like “them”?
Personally I prefer the look of naturally aged skin with fine lines & wrinkles to the shiny bloated & puffy look of women who use Botox & fillers. I think natural aging is beautiful and nothing to be feared.
Super Contributor

@HB glamma wrote:
I don’t think those that have had work done need to shout it out. Anyone savvy can tell. If it was as easy as applying these serums & creams wouldn’t we all look like “them”?
Personally I prefer the look of naturally aged skin with fine lines & wrinkles to the shiny bloated & puffy look of women who use Botox & fillers. I think natural aging is beautiful and nothing to be feared.

I give zero fudges what anyone chooses to do if it makes them happy. I care about how I feel about myself...taking care of myself both inside and out. If you genuinely prefer “naturally aged skin with lines and wrinkles”, good for you. I prefer sunscreen, no sun damage and taking care of my skin so it is as healthy as possible. It’s just personal pride, for myself. 

Honored Contributor

@HB glamma wrote:

@HB glamma  A bloated, puffy look is a sign of a bad doc. 

Honored Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

Beauty on the inside has a way of radiating to the outside, no matter the age.  I've never seen a woman yet that didn't look beautiful when she was smiling.  Cat Happy

@2blonde   unless her teeth look old yellow and bad...

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@Shanus You see , I object to pictures like the one in the OP. Why? Obviously , that woman is gorgeous and appears to have had a facelift along the way. Not to even mention filters etc used in making that photo. Nothing wrong with that at all, but it isn't a representation of how we will all age, since most of us will never have a facelift. 

Yes, we will all continue to age for the rest of our lives, but by the time we get to being close to 80 most of us are aware that the average life span in America is something like 82 years, so you start to think that your time is probably  coming to an end. 

OOPS I googled it & the average lifespan in America is 78.7 years. 

@151949  With all due respect, my Mom’s 90, her Mom lived until 97. My dad lived until 91 and DH’s Mom lived 1 month short of 100. I’m sure none of them sat from 75 on thinking about death. They thought about living. A positive attitude means a lot to a longer life, not facelifts. That’s  outside appearances...I’m saying what you think and feel are more important.

With all due respect, Shanus, you are constantly on here obsessed over appearance, hair color, makeup and antiaging. Not me.

@151949  Uh, natural aging, natural makeup, good skincare and answering questions when asked. Obsessed? Not me.

Super Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@Shanus You see , I object to pictures like the one in the OP. Why? Obviously , that woman is gorgeous and appears to have had a facelift along the way. Not to even mention filters etc used in making that photo. Nothing wrong with that at all, but it isn't a representation of how we will all age, since most of us will never have a facelift. 

Yes, we will all continue to age for the rest of our lives, but by the time we get to being close to 80 most of us are aware that the average life span in America is something like 82 years, so you start to think that your time is probably  coming to an end. 

@151949  With all due respect, my Mom’s 90, her Mom lived until 97. My dad lived until 91 and DH’s Mom lived 1 month short of 100. I’m sure none of them sat from 75 on thinking about death. They thought about living. A positive attitude means a lot to a longer life, not facelifts. That’s  outside appearances...I’m saying what you think and feel are more important.

With all due respect, Shanus, you are constantly on here obsessed over appearance, hair color, makeup and antiaging. Not me.

@151949  Uh, natural aging, natural makeup, good skincare and answering questions when asked. Obsessed? Not me.

Wow, then guess I am, tens millions of us are “obsessed” as we care about our appearance, color and taking the best care of ourselves we can moving forward. 

Honored Contributor

@BeautyLver wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@151949 wrote:

Wow, then guess I am, tens millions of us are “obsessed” as we care about our appearance, color and taking the best care of ourselves we can moving forward. 

@BeautyLver  Don’t you feel there’s a huge difference with taking care of yourself, wanting to look and feel your best and being obsessed with it?

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I have a friend who is in her mid 70's, obsessed about her looks, frequently telling me about going to the plastic surgeon for injections and tucks etc. Spends a fortune on skin care products, also is very very thin.As a matter of fact her PCP feels she is anorexic. The thing is - she honestly still looks her age and doesn't look any better than anyone else who doesn't do all the stuff she does, despite that she is spending a fortune on her attempts to stay young looking. 

She has been married to the same man since she was 18 and he still dotes on her so I don't understand the obsession with looks at all. I think some people just can't accept that they are growing old and coming to the end of their life.

@151949 . Well your 70 year old friend certainly isn't at the beginning, or the middle but seeing it as close to "the end" sounds depressing and a negative way of looking at it.  Maybe she feels that way and is trying to hold on mentally. 

She could live for another 30 years which is still a long time and a lot of living!

Super Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@BeautyLver wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@BeautyLver  Don’t you feel there’s a huge difference with taking care of yourself, wanting to look and feel your best and being obsessed with it?

Taking care of myself is everything. Both inside and out. My health...my well being. Taking care of my appearance is part of the equation. I enjoy doing so...my skin...my body. It is a sense if personal pride, confidence and I just simply enjoy doing so. Anyone that finds fault in such...their issue...certainly not mine. I am happy.

Honored Contributor

The fact that we are mortal can't be overlooked. Certainly, it's not productive to dwell on it 24/7; I leave it till the middle of the night when I often awake howling at the thought of it. :-)

There would be no great literature or any other art form if we were immortal. Our finiteness is the basis of all true art.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland