Honored Contributor

0B1559DE-2254-4899-9D40-29F176D554C9.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Beauty on the inside has a way of radiating to the outside, no matter the age.  I've never seen a woman yet that didn't look beautiful when she was smiling.  Cat Happy

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

That is so obvious it doesn't even merit quoting. 

Like:

"Green is a combination of blue and yellow." - Peaches McPhee

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

@Shanus  I agree with your photo/words.  Beauty comes from within and women need to embrace the journey of life.  Different color hair, more wrinkles (I know we don't like those) and just being you.  I am happy with who I am inside and out (salt & pepper hair).  HeartCat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Shanus  I agree with your photo/words.  Beauty comes from within and women need to embrace the journey of life.  Different color hair, more wrinkles (I know we don't like those) and just being you.  I am happy with who I am inside and out (salt & pepper hair).  HeartCat Very Happy

@Katcat1  I’m happy w/ who you are, too. 😘

Respected Contributor

Image result for older is beautiful

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  Thank you, Shanus, for your kind words.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Wonderful post!

Trusted Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

That is so obvious it doesn't even merit quoting. 

Like:

"Green is a combination of blue and yellow." - Peaches McPhee

But why bother bashing the posting?  As an aging woman, sometimes all I notice is the negative parts of getting older.  Nothing wrong with being reminded not to be so caught up in the negativity.  Aging gracefully is not always easy and a reminder like this is never a bad thing.

Honored Contributor

I have a friend who is in her mid 70's, obsessed about her looks, frequently telling me about going to the plastic surgeon for injections and tucks etc. Spends a fortune on skin care products, also is very very thin.As a matter of fact her PCP feels she is anorexic. The thing is - she honestly still looks her age and doesn't look any better than anyone else who doesn't do all the stuff she does, despite that she is spending a fortune on her attempts to stay young looking. 

She has been married to the same man since she was 18 and he still dotes on her so I don't understand the obsession with looks at all. I think some people just can't accept that they are growing old and coming to the end of their life.