Honored Contributor

BB MASTERCLASS ONLINE

[ Edited ]

When Bobbi did a segment on the Today Show, she mentioned doing an online Masterclass (about 12 or more sessions each 17-35 minutes). For $90, you have a year's subscription to take her class and print out a 43 page workbook with everything she taught, plus info on products and brushes and additional info not explained in the sessions.. For the $90, you also choose from dozens of other professionals in addition: Annie Leibovitz, Marc Jacobs, at least 10 famous chefs, filmmakers (Ron Howard & others), famous business people and ones in all walks of life. There's something for everyone.

I took some of the sessions last night. The one on sunscreen reminded me of something I learned from her and had forgotten: After serum goes the SPF. Let it dry down and then put moisturizer on top providing cushioning to any skin's lines or wrinkles. Darn! I've been doing SPF as my last step before any foundation. No real harm since I wear a tinted moisturizer after the SPF, but beginning today will apply it in the order she explained. 

She goes through sessions w/ models (young, black and an older model) showing skincare, choosing foundations, how to do eyeliner/smokey eyes. It's a great experience for anyone who enjoys makeup, would like a refresher on color theory or just would like to learn from the best.

When I heard her announce Masterclass online, I was so happy to hear she's back into makeup. Even if not making it, she's the best teacher, especially if you enjoy a natural no nonsense makeup look. She uses mostly other makeup since not with the company, but a few iconic BB products.

I found the Masterclass series by searching Bobbi Brown Masterclass on Google and the entire offer for the series came up. 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus  Funny you should post this today.  I ordered a number of things from the BB line that I still use (mainly lip products).  I was just thinking how many of us thought she was going to get back into the make up/skin care game, but instead got into vitamins and health drinks,  which never took off on QVC.  Based on the presentation that I saw, I would doubt that this new line would be successful.

Hoping she may reappear with something new that works and has a lot of appeal. 

Honored Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

@Shanus  Funny you should post this today.  I ordered a number of things from the BB line that I still use (mainly lip products).  I was just thinking how many of us thought she was going to get back into the make up/skin care game, but instead got into vitamins and health drinks,  which never took off on QVC.  Based on the presentation that I saw, I would doubt that this new line would be successful.

@nyc1   She finished a boutique hotel in NJ that's supposed to be gorgeous. She's not the type of woman to sit still for long...always trying new ventures. I'd love to see her do a line of clean beauty. She may be headed in that direction. Shhhh!

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@nyc1 wrote:

@nyc1   She finished a boutique hotel in NJ that's supposed to be gorgeous. She's not the type of woman to sit still for long...always trying new ventures. I'd love to see her do a line of clean beauty. She may be headed in that direction. Shhhh!

@Shanus  OH ...  I LOVE THAT IDEA!   You are brillliant!!!!!!   But I knew that before this post!

Honored Contributor

@nyc1   Just a hint at some possible inside information. I hope you were able to get your lip products at the 25% Black Friday prices. 

Regular Contributor

@Shanus @nyc1 

Would LOVE to see her do that! 

Honored Contributor

Seems like the moisturizer would go on after the serum to moisturize the skin - then the sunscreen.  I've always applied this way too.  It seems backwards to put sunscreen on before the moizturizer.

Honored Contributor

@barefootwillow wrote:

@Shanus @nyc1 

Would LOVE to see her do that! 

@barefootwillow   I think her last book talking about beauty from the inside out and her vitamin drinks may well be her first steps. Her bathroom counter has apothecary jars of skincare from England...she loves it there and visits very often...and some makeup in unmarked jars from pharmacies she says she's "interested" in working with. So, we'll see. 

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

Seems like the moisturizer would go on after the serum to moisturize the skin - then the sunscreen.  I've always applied this way too.  It seems backwards to put sunscreen on before the moizturizer.

@San Antonio Gal   Yes, it would and that's why I had forgotten. The purpose of the moisturizer is to plump the skin and "ready it" for makeup...oil-free moisturizer or a more emollient one for dry skin. If that's under the SPF, it defeats the purpose. Positioning the SPF underneath allows it to also not be rubbed off during makeup application. It's already dried down and sunk into the skin. That's HER theory. Other people may feel differently. I'll follow her advice. As I explained, I use a tinted moisturizer w/ spf so I do get some protection, but not a high enough SPF to not wear an spf 50 underneath. 

Regular Contributor

@Shanus 

I certainly will keep my eyes and ears open to see what she will do.  I enjoy her practical simplicity to things.  I watched her short promo video and LOVED when she made the comment about eye creases.   I take good care of my skin and while I don't want to look like a dried up prune, I believe there is beauty in age and a life well cared for and lived.  I like to see the joyful eye creases with a good laugh on people's faces Smiley Happy  Happy expressions are important.