Honored Contributor

Re: BB Face Base Causing Breakouts??

[ Edited ]

There's a website where you can look up a specific product by name or by typing in a certain ingredient... InciDecoder dot comThere you can see the ingredients listed for your product, if it's there

I just took a look at the BB Face Base ingredients on InciDecoder and it appears to have several fragrance components which they call "Icky". So if you have issues with using fragrance in general, then maybe stay away from that BB product.

There are also three emollient (softening/smoothing) ingredients which can cause clogged pores.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 

Well, I don't have to figure it out.  I won't be using it again and it's going back.   Thank you ladies.  I don't know why I keep thinking I need to try other products when what I'm using is working just fine Smiley Surprised

@monicakm 

You don't need to try other products when what you do is working for you.   Finding things that work, you've already accomplished what you set out to do.

Here's a suggestion .... next time you are tempted to purchase some new something or other ... just don't do it.  Instead, take that $50 (or whatever) and donate it to a no-kill animal shelter in your community.   Heart

IMO, it's better to save the lives of abandoned kittens than to get yet another jar of moisturizer that will sit on your shelf. 

JMO, of course. 

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 

Abandoned puppy and you have a deal.  You know, thru out the years we have taken abandoned dogs to shelters only to be turned away saying they had no more room.  We're feeding an abandoned dog right now and when it's cold enough for our outside dog to come in, we leave the gate open so this dog and sleep in our Igloo dog house.  It's full of cedar shavings for soft bed.  I can't remember the last time I've seen a cat/kitten anywhere around here.  

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

Thank you.  It's already in the box ready to go.  No, I don't have issues with fragrance and actually prefer it.  I'm sure it was the coconut oil and/or shea butter

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 

That's ok.  I would have bought it anyway knowing nothing breaks me out...oops Smiley Surprised  One breakout completely gone and the other is 98% gone.

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw 

It's boxed and ready to return.  

My appt is Feb 17th.  If my blood sugar (I still think they mixed up my test results with someone elses) is below 7, surgery will be Mar 1.  My last blood workup was in Sept.  There was no mentioned of high sugar.  I'm going to go to CVS today and buy an at home a1C testing kit.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm wrote:

@SilleeMee 

Thank you.  It's already in the box ready to go.  No, I don't have issues with fragrance and actually prefer it.  I'm sure it was the coconut oil and/or shea butter

@monicakm 

I don't see that it contains coconut oil...?? ...and as for the shea, that would surprise me if that would cause problems. Breakout problem most likely caused by one of the other emollients in it. Did you look at InciDecoder?

ETA- It does contain cetyl alcohol which is derived from coconut oil.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

I haven't yet but I'm going to.  I thought someone said it had coconut oil in it is why I mentioned it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm wrote:

@SilleeMee 

I haven't yet but I'm going to.  I thought someone said it had coconut oil in it is why I mentioned it.

@monicakm 

My mistake! It does indeed contain a coconut derivative, 

Cetyl Alcohol.