Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I watched a few minutes of the BE show at midnight on HSN, but then HAD to turn the channel as the host--Shannon Smith---said she bought EVERYTHING on the show----of course she did!!!! Cannot not stand the sight of her-- try to never watch her at all---but I did see a few new things------

Regular Contributor

I don't usually watch HSN but am a BM fan so I checked it out. I agree the host, Shannon is horrible! She stutters! Can't watch. Never was an HSN fan. Their sets are not eye pleasing nor are their hosts. Too much make-up on these older hosts. Not a good look.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus  I use and LOVE BE's Ageless Genius Neck Cream as well.  Not sure if they are still offering, but here on the Q I had purchased the Pro Size of this which was a big tub, 11 or 13 ozs. I think?  Anyway, it was a great purchase at a great value, especially if you were a repeat customer of this item.

Don't you in particular love the scent of this cream?  I love it so much, I actually wish they would come out with a fragrance of this - very herbal and organic.

I just happened to catch the BE program on HSN last night and it was Jessica Faus the regular rep when on QVC.  It was very entertaining.  The demonstration of the models using the neck cream was comical - there was even a moment caught on camera of Jessica observing the demo in disbelief !   The models were, shall I say, not as 'seasoned' as the model's on QVC.   HSN really needs to up their game for sure.

Respected Contributor

I agree about those HSN hosts. They are trying to hard to look 20 years old.

Honored Contributor

@fitfuninformed wrote:

@Shanus  I use and LOVE BE's Ageless Genius Neck Cream as well.  Not sure if they are still offering, but here on the Q I had purchased the Pro Size of this which was a big tub, 11 or 13 ozs. I think?  Anyway, it was a great purchase at a great value, especially if you were a repeat customer of this item.

Don't you in particular love the scent of this cream?  I love it so much, I actually wish they would come out with a fragrance of this - very herbal and organic.

I just happened to catch the BE program on HSN last night and it was Jessica Faus the regular rep when on QVC.  It was very entertaining.  The demonstration of the models using the neck cream was comical - there was even a moment caught on camera of Jessica observing the demo in disbelief !   The models were, shall I say, not as 'seasoned' as the model's on QVC.   HSN really needs to up their game for sure.

@fitfuninformed   I love Ageless Genius, missed the super sized and hope it comes back. Meanwhile keep purchasing duos. The neck cream on HSN is not the same one. BTW, I found the presentations tedious...shown as full hour shows way too many times. Those of us who complain about Q showing the TSV so often should be grateful it’s no where near how HSN bombarded the audience w/ Bare Minerals yesterday.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus I couldn't agree with you more!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: BARE MINERALS ON HSN

[ Edited ]

I'm glad Jessica was the rep on the HSN shows at midnight and again later last night in primetime.  I was awake watching the Austrailian Open and in the predawn hour there was a fill-in rep on. The TSV was all tried and true BareMinerals essentials, but it was an easy pass for me since I have all of the products which were in the set.  My Gen Nude lipgloss is a different color, but I like the ones I have better than the rose which was sold with the TS. 

As for the host, Shannon Smith didn't seem any different to me than she always does.  It is common for her when a new brand is introduced to the HSN audience that (whether it's cosmetics or anything else) -- that she has used the brand for years and is ordering everything offered that day.  I never enjoy Amy Morrison, but the host who was on during the 5:00am (CST) hour was ok. I think it was the other Shannon.  

Esteemed Contributor

@firestorm wrote:

I don't usually watch HSN but am a BM fan so I checked it out. I agree the host, Shannon is horrible! She stutters! Can't watch. Never was an HSN fan. Their sets are not eye pleasing nor are their hosts. Too much make-up on these older hosts. Not a good look.

I went to the Bare Minerals website and placed an order yesterday. They've already shipped my order. I couldn't watch the presentation at HSN either...

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Valued Contributor

I can't watch Shannon either.  When she used to be on with Joy who sold huggable hangers, she and Joy couldn't keep on track and couldn't finish a sentence. When I tuned in to see the BM launch on HSN, the new rep for BM tried her best to get a word in, but Shannon just kept telling everyone how her derm told her to use BM and that she had bought everything in the hour.  They never got around to really showing how to use the products and in which order.  Finally, what bothered me most, the models just didn't get the swirl, tap, buff thing at all and didn't demonstrate it well throughout that hour and several other times I tuned in the rest of the day. Some models made a total mess on their face by applying too much product, but luckily, the product buffed out eventually.