Trusted Contributor

@thechedda wrote:

I bought these a few weeks ago and just tried them yesterday morning.  They worked really well and felt great first thing in the morning.  Peace Out - Puffy Under Eye Patches.  Found them at Sephora.  You get six pairs for $25.00.  A little pricey but I don't plan to use them every day.  Just mornings when I've had a particularly bad night of sleep. 

Are your eyes just puffy sometimes or bags from loose skin or fatty tissue? My eyes always have the bags, so I am sure it is fatty tissue or skin or both.  Happened after I had cataract surgery.

Honored Contributor

@Calcgirl wrote:

@thechedda wrote:

I bought these a few weeks ago and just tried them yesterday morning.  They worked really well and felt great first thing in the morning.  Peace Out - Puffy Under Eye Patches.  Found them at Sephora.  You get six pairs for $25.00.  A little pricey but I don't plan to use them every day.  Just mornings when I've had a particularly bad night of sleep. 

Are your eyes just puffy sometimes or bags from loose skin or fatty tissue? My eyes always have the bags, so I am sure it is fatty tissue or skin or both.  Happened after I had cataract surgery.

@Calcgirl,

Well that might explain it!Woman Very Happy The cataract surgery did not cause your bags. Most likely what has happened is that you had bags before your surgery and now after the surgery you are able to see them. Best way to really say is if you have 'before' pictures of yourself to compare them to how you look now.

Respected Contributor

Re: BAGS UNDER THE EYES

[ Edited ]

@Calcgirl

I had an upper and lower blepharoplasty done seventeen years ago to remove fat pads that created puffiness above and below my eyes. I inherited these from my mother and I could see I was headed down the path to having severe bags under my eyes like hers. Oddly enough, she didn't have any problem with her upper eyes, only underneath. Now I have some slight bags and sagging but it's due to age. I'm glad I had them done though or they would look a lot worse!

Frequent Contributor

@Calcgirl wrote:

@thechedda wrote:

It seems to come and go depending on how I've slept the night before.  I did notice that when I drink close to my 64 oz of water each day, they aren't as bad. 

Trusted Contributor

@Calcgirl - Saw this video on my YT feed and thought you might be interested. YouTube: AnneP makeup and more; titled: "How to get rid of puffy under eyes fast."

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

I get putty eyes from allergies .... 

What works for me (really well) is just some witch hazel on a cotton ball held under eye for a few seconds.

Honored Contributor

@Calcgirl   If you have the money have surgery but first get a consultation from a reputable dermatologist.  Ask your PCP for a recommendation.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor
@SilleeMee

Thank you for this info!
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@Calcgirl @Katcat1 @ALRATIBA @Mimi 1883 @thechedda 

I just woke up one day and there they were.

When moved here to PA, everything was completely shut down...no traffic even on the highways! I was in Heaven as far as allergies, etc.

I suspected that when things started up again, sinuses would get stuffy and eyes would become red/itchy 

and that is what happened!

Also, besides salt I'm wondering if losing weight causes them to become more noticeable?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

You're welcome @LTT1 

Nice to see ya!Woman Happy