New Contributor

Hello,

I have been tempted for some time to try Wen. I think today might finally be the day. Should we be eliminating the use of straightening irons completely? I have wavy hair and use the straightener several/if not most days of the week.

Thank you,

Dolce13

Respected Contributor

Re: Axing straightening irons?

Yes, that's the goal. I used to use mine daily. I have not used one now since the first week in March. Before that I was down to about once every 2 months. I am amazed at how little I have to do to leave the house in the morning. Instead of 15 minutes, I spend about 2-3. You'll find your hair will do things it never would before and you'll come up with ways to style without heat. Plus, you'll become. Reluctant to use heat bc your hair is doing so well. You will be able to straighten with blow dryer, brush and glossing serum.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Honored Contributor

Yes, they are really damaging. I have wavy hair too and used a flat iron on my hair back when I had a bob to get the look I wanted.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

The Wen brushes are AMAZING!! I can get my hair just as straight as when I used to use a flat iron. They really smooth the hair better than any brush I have ever used. Also, they don't get tangled in your hair either. The cleansing conditioner, styling creme, and Wen brushes are amazing.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Super Contributor

I still use mine 2-3 times a week. Which is an improvement for me.

Respected Contributor

I have wavy hair with tons of cowlicks. I also have 5 or 6 different types of hair. I have to use something to make it presentabl and the wen brush makes me frizz. I am growing out, so once I get another few inches, I should be able to skip the flatiron or hot rollers. As it is, within a few hour, either the curls have fallen out or the straightened parts have reverted. Lol.
Esteemed Contributor

If you eliminate heat styling products entirely, your hair will, by default, be healthier.

Cogito ergo sum
New Contributor

Thank you, everyone! I have just made my first Wen order. I'm too excited to receive my delivery. Eeeek!!

Super Contributor

On 8/30/2014 Mirage08 said:

I still use mine 2-3 times a week. Which is an improvement for me.

Ditto. With my hair type and length, I don't have 2 hours to blow dry my hair to perfection. I cleanse in the evening, air dry overnight, then flat iron in the morning. With WEN, I only have to cleanse 2x week - so this is how often I am flat ironing. I know that Chaz tells us not to use them, but flat irons are the only tools that are realistic for my lifestyle and hair type. My hair still looks great!