Honored Contributor

Re: Awesome "Clinique Kisses" Lipstick Holiday Set - Macy's Exclusive

[ Edited ]

@Karena wrote:

Hi @winamac1! I went online and purchased, as well! I will walk over to the Union Squaren Macy's from my office next week and pick up. I didn't want to risk it selling out! What a gorgeous kit!! Happy!!!! Heart

Hi @FUTURE - Thanks so much for the heads up about the Clinique Kisses set!!!! What a deal and such gorgeous colors!!! Woman Very Happy

Hi Karena!  I think you will love it.  I saw it a few days ago, but there were several customers in the line, and my 86.5 year old father , lol, was tired and didn't want to wait.  I bought it online today.  I think it's a great value.  Let me know if you like it. You can always, as you know, return it so that's a good thing!  Smiley Happy

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@FUTURE

Thanks for the heads up on the Kisses Clinique lipsticks. I picked up 2 sets for my 2 GFs for Christmas gifts.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Looks like a nice set. I want the 7 lipsticks. It may come out in stores in a few weeks for the holidays.

Honored Contributor

This has been an eye-opener for me. I thought I could never wear matte, but this matte forumla (the five Clinique Kisses set) is not drying at all. I guess that's the "soft" part to the name "soft matte." I would even say that they aren't 100 percent totally matte.

I love the two lighter shades and also really like the Plum. I can also do the Crimson red color if I'm careful. It's a very nice red shade. The Magenta? Hmmm....I'd have to tone that one down.

An excellent value. Thanks again, @FUTURE

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the review, @suzyQ3!  Now I am even more excited to get my set!! Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

hmmm Macy's has a nice bonus gift In a choice of 2 shades. Or I can go to Lord and Taylor's for their F&F sale for 10% off cosmetics. I will decide this weekend which store to visit.

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

This has been an eye-opener for me. I thought I could never wear matte, but this matte forumla (the five Clinique Kisses set) is not drying at all. I guess that's the "soft" part to the name "soft matte." I would even say that they aren't 100 percent totally matte.

I love the two lighter shades and also really like the Plum. I can also do the Crimson red color if I'm careful. It's a very nice red shade. The Magenta? Hmmm....I'd have to tone that one down.

An excellent value. Thanks again, @FUTURE

Oh, I'm so glad you like it, @suzyQ3! I really like this formula, too, and I can't wear true mattes. These have just enough moisture to them that they don't make my lips feel like sandpaper after one application, and many of them do. The Magenta is bright. I've found that if I swipe it on, wait a moon ute, then blot/gently rub it off and apply balm on top, it's very striking with my coloring. 

Respected Contributor

I called my local Clinique counter tonight to inquire about the 7 days set and she said it would be end of Oct/eRly Nov when it came out. She took my name and number and will call when it comes in. I'll post here when she calls -- unless one of us can hunt it down sooner than that. Lol! She did say it looked super cute and they already had other names on the list, and she thought it would sell really quickly. 

Esteemed Contributor

I just received my set of the lipsticks.  The containers are really cute, but only two of the colors will work for me.  That's the two light pink colors.  Giving my mom the rest of the set.  I thought it was a great price, but didn't think the colors were all that great.  Wish it had more of the pink instead of the red colors.  My mom looks great in red lipstick so at least the kit won't go to waste.  

Respected Contributor

I caved and ordered the matte holiday lipstick set online at Macy's and ordered other things I need so I also will get the free bonus gift. I can't wait to get my order which shipped out today. Free shipping was great. 

I first called the store near me and they sold out of this holiday lipstick kit already as she said they didn't get many in but she is expecting another shipment along with the 7 day set of lipsticks.