Honored Contributor

Sweet Mel.  She did a video a little over a year ago talking about her favorite e/s palettes from each brand she has in her collection.  As much makeup as she has made me buy, I didn't  buy this one.  I wanted to but just didn't.  I've never forgotten it.  Roses were her favorite flower.  So I bought this in honor of her.  Don't know if I'll use it or not.  If anyone is interested, it's from Give Me Glow Cosmetics (and that's the name of the website too).  Palette is Vintage Rose.  Price is $34.

Vintage Rose.jpg

VINTAGE ROSE

Honored Contributor

The green color is a definite no and the two maroon looking colors and the rest are very pretty.  I don't know why some women use a dark lip liner and light color lipstick.  Yuck.  She is an attractive woman  but the lips have got to go.  Enjoy your new palette, @monicakm 

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 

I'll probably use the shimmer champagne and the green next to it as a look for St Patrick's Day IF I decide to use it.  It's my grandmother's bd (if she were still alive) and 4 days after my bd.  

I like her lips.  There is nothing about her makeup I don't like.  I couldn't use all the layers of powder she did tho.  I've never lined my lips.

Respected Contributor

That is a pretty palette. If the quality is good, the price is reasonable.

I do kind of like the lips. I wouldn't wear it that way, but it looks pretty on Mel.

Honored Contributor

Thank you for posting the photo.  It is so much easier to analyze when we don't have to go to another site.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

The green color is a definite no and the two maroon looking colors and the rest are very pretty.  I don't know why some women use a dark lip liner and light color lipstick.  Yuck.  She is an attractive woman  but the lips have got to go.  Enjoy your new palette, @monicakm 

@Katcat1 The "rule" is that you should only emphasize one feature, so if you glam up the eyes, you shouldn't also wear dark lipstick.  It's considered dated.  That being said, I can't wear light lipstick like that.  Nudes are not for me, and that pnk is too light for me too.  Not overly fond of it on her either.