Super Contributor

Re: Avon Gel Nail Color - Rave, rave, rave!!!

I have the Parfait Pink and Very Berry but so far have only used the Pink. The Pink is such a pretty color and I've had people tell me they liked it.

I agree that it lasts and love not having to use a base and top coat.

Grow old my body but stay young my heart
Honored Contributor

Yes! So Happy that you posted, I'm on day 7 too and I have no chips, no dings and its still shiny. I LOVE this polish. My order goes in on Tuesday and I'm going to buy more. I usually get only 3 or 4 days out of my manicure color. I should add that I have have not been baby ing my nails.

Honored Contributor

How do you remove this polish? I didn't like the gel polish I got at the salon because it ruined my nails. I like the look but would want to be able to remove it without scraping.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

On 6/14/2014 NickNack said:

How do you remove this polish? I didn't like the gel polish I got at the salon because it ruined my nails. I like the look but would want to be able to remove it without scraping.

I want to know too.

Super Contributor

So that I could speak from my own experience for removal, I just removed two nails with REGULAR polish remover. No need to go through the difficult process of using 100% acetone, soaking, wrapping with foil and all that work that goes with gel polishes. Others on the Avon site also said the polish was easy to remove. You're not going to get the 2-3 wear like you will with salon gel manicures, but for me to get a whole week without chipping is the best I have ever had. I am removing today because I'm ready for a new color! Will be anxiously waiting for my other bottles to arrive so I can try yet another color.

Honored Contributor

Thank you. Since it's so easy to remove I'll try it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks. I've wanted to try gel polish, but was afraid of the removal. Guess I'm going to have to check these out!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Contributor

Really enjoy hearing about this, I have been using vinylux and like it but always like hearing about other products, had acrylics for many years nails are awful, peel etc and have also used a lot of treatments and vitamins but they are still bad.
Honored Contributor

On 6/14/2014 mima said:
On 6/14/2014 NickNack said:

I want to know too.

It gets removed like any polish, I have used the Vinyalux version for at least the last 5 months and love it

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

On 6/13/2014 makeupaddicted1 said:

No light needed, no base coat and no top coat. The polishes are on sale currently for $4.99. They normally sell for $7 per bottle. I have been wearing Barely There and also purchased Lavender Sky. Since they are on sale now, I have ordered Purplicious, Sheer Love, Parfait Pink, Royal Vendetta, and Very Berry.

I have weak nails that are hardening. If I'm at home, I can keep a manicure with regular nail color for about 4 days, but at work, where I type and do a lot of writing, it lasts 2 at most. I've done gel nail color that is hardened with the light, but that is not strong enough. My nails are harder now than they were when I did the gel, but I don't like the damage it does. How is this gel color at lasting on somewhat weak nails? Does it harden your hails? Has it chiped with the work I described above? Thanks for the help!