Esteemed Contributor

Re: Avon - Anyone still get a real brochure???

No, haven't seen any  since 2000. People I worked with used to sell  Avon and would bring in a brocheure for us all to  order from. I only ordered Avon  to help my coworker  boost her sales sometimes   or for  small  Christmas  gift items .

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Effie54 wrote:

Yes, I have a representative who comes to the house, and leaves a brochure on my doorstep. However, I have not purchased anything in a long, long time. After LG purchased the Avon company, it has really evolved into a Korean skin care brochure. They do have some of the older products, but most of it is expensive. It's so much different than it used to be. A different company bought Avon Canada, and they kept it much more traditional, the way Avon was originally branded.

Delilah2

Thank you for that up to date info.  I just got dumped by my second Avon rep who told me I lived too far for her to continue servicing me.  It seems these reps only want to sell online and let the customer pay the 8.00 s/h fee which I don't want to so it's on to finding another rep willing to come to my door.

Anyone else out there who does have a rep who comes to their door be thankful.  They are few and far between.

Honored Contributor

Years ago, I could find them at the beauty salon or occasionally wedged between the screen and the door. I love looking at them but without a promotion the products are expensive. I still swear by SSS for mosquitos. 
Occasionally my mom would give me one of the little lipstick samples to play with when she ordered. I also had this teddy bear pin that opened and it had solid perfume inside. So much fun. 

Honored Contributor

I think most sales are done online now.  In the 1980's I sold Avon door to door for several years. Or was a lot of work ,but, I enjoyed it! 

Honored Contributor

I didn't even know they were still around Smiley Surprised  Wow, they've really stood the test of time!

Trusted Contributor

I still get an actual brochure from Avon.  The online one is okay but I like to trun a real page and circle the things I want or fold the page on a product that I am thinking about and come back to it later.  Thee is a Find a Representaive feature on their site. 

Honored Contributor

@Effie54 

Too bad if they are getting very expensive.  I liked them because they were affordable.  And most stuff was really nice.  You can get expensive any time, any place! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Mombo1 

That's nice!  That's what I would like!  I don't want a commitment, but do enjoy browsing the actual brochure! 

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse 

Does the SSS REALLY work for mosquitos???  Some have told me yes and some have told me no.  I have a real problem with bites.  I get a terrible reaction to them. 

I also have some really old jewelry items from Avon.  They really hold up!  At least the old time items do! 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

When I was a little girl, we had an Avon lady who came to the house all the time.  My Mom seldom was able to afford to buy, but the woman was so sweet.  She was elderly and she always gave my Mom and my sister and I samples and little things.  We had her  for years and years.  She was just a dear.  They don't make them like her any more!