Honored Contributor

Avon - Anyone still get a real brochure???

Does anyone get Avon brochures any more?  

I used to buy Avon constantly when I worked.  Someone always sold it there and it was nice to get a real brochure to see.  After I retired, I would look on-line, but it was hard to see the products -- I just couldn't get into it.  I tried to get a brochure sent to me but I couldn't.  I guess they want you to either order on-line or get hooked up with a representative.  I don't really want to do that because then I'd feel sort of obligated to buy and I don't really want them coming to me house all the time!

Just wondering ---- thanks!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Re: Avon - Anyone still get a real brochure???

I used to sell Avon

IMO there is no need to feel obligated to buy

I would give a book , but will say that after xx attempts it might be apparent that there is no interest, and reps do pay for them 

I recently found a rep,  and just bought some Glimmersticks, still love them 

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear 

I used to sell it too.  Eons ago.  Before orders were all computerized.  Everything was done on paper and by mail!  So, you know it was a long time ago.  LOL!  I know --- we had to pay for the brochures, the samples, everything.  That's why I don't want to get a rep because it might be that I would only order 1ce or 2ce a year.  Oh, well.  No biggie.  Probably nothing I need anyway!  Thanks!  

Esteemed Contributor

I miss the paper brochures too.  One of my old neighbors sold Avon and used to put the brochures inside my screen door.  Nice surprise when I got home from work!   I've tried looking online, but it's not the same.  For a while, there was an Avon kiosk at our mall that would honor the sale prices in the brochures.  Since that convenience is gone, I no longer order from Avon.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I found the rep on a local Facebook group, she delivers to my house 

Honored Contributor

I was not aware they were still in business. I haven't seen a brochure in about 3 yrs. My DH's secretary/receptionist sold Avon and I received my books from her. 

They always had cute gifts at the holidays for friends and "secret Santa's" and a few things the granddaughters enjoyed.

Honored Contributor

@tototwo 

Yes, I had forgotten --- we had one of those at our mall also!  It was very nice.  I always liked having my own brochure as I liked to look at it over and over again and then decide what I wanted!  

Respected Contributor

I used to be able to go online and order my favorite hand cream at Avon dot com.  No problems.  But the last time I tried to order, I had to pick a representative.  I do not want anyone to have my information so I have quit using Avon.  If I knew a representative, then I would order, but I do not want to pick a random stranger.  

I have not seen a brochure anywhere in years.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Over the years, they really expanded their selection of products!  Clothing, housewares, gifts, etc.!  I really enjoyed their products!  

Honored Contributor

@4kitties 

Yes, I know what you mean!  You should just be able to order and that is that!