Honored Contributor

Re: Avon - Anyone still get a real brochure???

@TaylorBrown 

Same for me!  Real brochures are the best!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

It's been really enjoyable reminiscing about Avon!  And also sharing info!  Thanks, everyone!  

Esteemed Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Effie54 

Too bad if they are getting very expensive.  I liked them because they were affordable.  And most stuff was really nice.  You can get expensive any time, any place! 

Yes, exactly. One of Avon's perks used to be affordability. Now it's all high end, expensive, and not so great Korean products. I remember back 25 years ago, I bought a beautiful necklace from Avon made by Kenneth Jay Lane. I still own it, and it's absolutely gorgeous and well-made. Now their jewelry is like dime store junk.

Respected Contributor

I quit buying from them last year as I made a commitment not to purchase any products from an MLM. I really wish companies would not use that business model, it's so predatory. It's a shame because some of them (Scentsy, Pampered Chef) make really nice products I like, but I don't think you should be made to buy through a representative and not be allowed to shop yourself. 

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@SeaMaiden 

When I was a little girl, we had an Avon lady who came to the house all the time.  My Mom seldom was able to afford to buy, but the woman was so sweet.  She was elderly and she always gave my Mom and my sister and I samples and little things.  We had her  for years and years.  She was just a dear.  They don't make them like her any more!  

@AngelPuppy1     My Momma also had an Avon lady come to the house... I LOVED the lipstick samples she would leave.. my  Momma would let me try them on and wear them around the house while I wore her high heels and her robe to look all grown up. 

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@GenXmuse 

Does the SSS REALLY work for mosquitos???  Some have told me yes and some have told me no.  I have a real problem with bites.  I get a terrible reaction to them. 

I also have some really old jewelry items from Avon.  They really hold up!  At least the old time items do! 

It sure does for me and my family except for my son, so it's definitely an individual body chemistry thing, it's been indispensable living in the south. 

Honored Contributor

@Effie54 

So sad!  Times change --- and not for the better a lot of the time!  

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse 

i might have to try and get my hands on some.  Last year I had a terrible time with them.  I seem to have developed an allergy to their bites and I get a horrible reaction to them.  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@Cumbercookie13 

Agreed!  I don't like high pressure sales!

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

That's such a great memory!  Back then even a little sample of cologne or lipstick was a big thing --- a real treat!!!!