Trusted Contributor

Re: Avon - Anyone still get a real brochure???

I order Avon now and do not like their current brochures.  They are filled with unrecognized products that are so very expensive that I pass them up.  They still retain some of the old Avon products that I am familiar with but they don't keep a large supply of them or they are trying to sell them all out and not offer them anymore.

I order my old favorites - bath and body products, jewelry because the prices tho up are still manageable to me.  I look for their Best Buys brochure on line because it's there where they have sales.  You can also find these sales on their website.

I have found a rep who delivers to my door which is very important to me because I have small orders and don't want to pay 8.00 an order to have them mailed to me.

Avon as you have remembered it is gone.  It has been replaced by another type of company which I do not like, especially their new brochures.

Honored Contributor

Yes, but I thought they went the way of Tupperware parties, which I thought went absolete, as well. I remember the house parties, games and great snacks. I don't remember if Avon ever did that.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I was not aware they were still in business. I haven't seen a brochure in about 3 yrs. My DH's secretary/receptionist sold Avon and I received my books from her. 

They always had cute gifts at the holidays for friends and "secret Santa's" and a few things the granddaughters enjoyed.

they are,  when I sold my favorite eyeliners to buy and recommend were/are the Glimmersticks many colors and affordable compared to Dept and now Drug stores.

still are.

their make-up is for the most part really good , I haven't bought anything else right now as I am not wearing that much.

check it out 

Honored Contributor

@newname0 

Well, that's sad!  I guess maybe they are trying to upgrade to keep up with other companies or something.  No, I would not want to pay $8 for shipping either!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

I have a friend who just had an on-line Tupperware party, so that is still in existence.  I think she said they had an actual house party, too.  As far as Avon parties, I don't ever remember that, though not to say that it never happened.  I do remember though when I sold it years ago, the company had regular meetings at a restaurant where sales and strategies were discussed and prizes were given out.  

Honored Contributor

One of my favorites producs was their Glimmersticks.  They were quite good and not expensive, especially when they had their sales.  

Trusted Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@newname0 

Well, that's sad!  I guess maybe they are trying to upgrade to keep up with other companies or something.  No, I would not want to pay $8 for shipping either!  

That's a nice way of putting it.  According to my rep Avon USA was bought out by a holding company in Brazil and is now offering products made internationally which are high priced and unrecognizable to me.  Say lah vee

Trusted Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

I used to be able to go online and order my favorite hand cream at Avon dot com.  No problems.  But the last time I tried to order, I had to pick a representative.  I do not want anyone to have my information so I have quit using Avon.  If I knew a representative, then I would order, but I do not want to pick a random stranger.  

I have not seen a brochure anywhere in years.  

Order online from a rep.  I sell, the rep doesn't get your information when you order that way, it is the same as ordering from anyplace else online.  The rep will get your email address but not anything like credit card information or anything like that.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I have a representative who comes to the house, and leaves a brochure on my doorstep. However, I have not purchased anything in a long, long time. After LG purchased the Avon company, it has really evolved into a Korean skin care brochure. They do have some of the older products, but most of it is expensive. It's so much different than it used to be. A different company bought Avon Canada, and they kept it much more traditional, the way Avon was originally branded.

Trusted Contributor

@AngelPuppy1    Our local gas station caries the Avon brochures in a little rack next to the newspapers.  Apparently the representative lives in town.  I do pick one up occasionally but haven't purchased anything.  Their product line has really expanded but I just don't use much anymore.   Just fun to look through the brochure....