Regular Contributor

Avoiding a line around your lips from lipstick, not liner?

Hi ladies! I'm wondering if any of you experience what I'm going to describe. It almost looks like I put on lip liner then filled my lips in with lipstick and then the lipstick wears off but I'm left w/the ring around my lips as if I had applied liner, only I didn't. It doesn't happen w/ all colors or w/all lipsticks so I haven't figured out why it's random. If any of you have experienced this and can share how to stop this I would so appreciate it. TIA, Gloria

Honored Contributor

Re: Avoiding a line around your lips from lipstick, not liner?

@Glorimar

I have found that if you put lip liner all over your lip (color it in) and then apply liptick, it will stay longer.  

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@Glorimar

I have found that if you put lip liner all over your lip (color it in) and then apply liptick, it will stay longer.  

this is what I do.

Super Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@Glorimar

Same here!

Trusted Contributor

My friend is a makeup artist and he suggested always putting primer on the lips or at the very least, a thin layer of foundation.  Let it dry, powder over it and then apply lipstick.  This seems to keep the lipstick lasting and keeps the line from appearing. 

Honored Contributor

@Glorimar wrote:

Hi ladies! I'm wondering if any of you experience what I'm going to describe. It almost looks like I put on lip liner then filled my lips in with lipstick and then the lipstick wears off but I'm left w/the ring around my lips as if I had applied liner, only I didn't. It doesn't happen w/ all colors or w/all lipsticks so I haven't figured out why it's random. If any of you have experienced this and can share how to stop this I would so appreciate it. TIA, Gloria

I use e.l.f. clear lip liner.  Keeps the lipstick on the lips and does not bleed and if your lipstick wears off you don't see anything.  $3.00.

Cat HappyCat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

This has happened to me when I have worn darker shades of lipstick.  I have trouble with lipsticks bleeding on me now that I am older.  I got away from using lip pencils as I think they are a bother and I really didn't like the look, but I am trying to find one I like now which looks natural and will go with most colors.  However, I do think, the suggestion probably of using it all over the lip would be a good solution to the line problem.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin