Super Contributor

It seems like every magazine I picked up this fall mentioned Avibon, a vitamin A skin treatment available in pharmacies in France. My skin loves retinoids and the reviews were so good and my sister was going on a trip to France, so.... I asked her to pick up a tube for me while she was in Paris.

Now, mind you, I have the crankiest skin ever and this winter it has been throwing hissy fits on a daily basis. It has been dry, oily, flaky, broken out, red, and irritated to the point that even plain old water could send it over the edge. (And I was going right along with it, believe me!)

Enter, Avibon. My skin should absolutely hate this stuff. It has the consistency of thick Vaseline, very similar to A+D Ointment. It contains lanolin. It is greasy and takes time to soak into the skin. It has a strong fragrance of roses. Strong. Very strong. All things that should make my skin revolt.

Miraculously, my skin loves it. Adores it. I have been using it off and on for the past month (more "on" lately) and have been amazed at how my skin responds. On the nights I use it, I wake up to find my skin calm and smooth, pores less visible, and breakouts nearly gone. Now that I am using it more frequently, my skin is getting the most amazing texture, like regular normal skin. No dryness, no oiliness, no flaking, no redness, no pore craters. I'm actually getting compliments on my skin! The one issue I've had is that I can't use it around my eyes because the fragrance will them water. Otherwise, everything has been good.

For those who are curious, the ingredients are: 1,000,000 IU Vitamin A (synthetic oil form), lanolin, vaseline, polysorbate 80, and fragrance.