Honored Contributor

Aveeno Repairing Cica Hand Mask

I picked this up at CVS, had a coupon but I think the regular price is only $3 something. It's a single use, you wear the gloves for 10 minutes. Then you massage the remaining product into your hands until fully absorbed.

I just used it and I like it. My hands are always so dry, I don't moisturize them enough. And it shows, they look even older.

I will pick up a few more of these. Cica comes from the French word cicatrisation, which means healing. I think they had a foot mask too.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Re: Aveeno Repairing Cica Hand Mask

@Greeneyedlady21, sounds like a nice product, now if they could come up with a product to take care of age spots, I'd be thrilled!

Honored Contributor

"What exactly is cica?

Cica is actually a nickname for its scientific name: centella asiatica. However, cosmetic chemist Perry Romanowski notes that the ingredient is also referred to as gotu kola, Indian Pennywort, and tiger grass. The latter, in particular, comes from what inspired the widespread use of cica on skin. "This plant is known in Asia as what tigers rub on their wounds to help their skin regenerate," Yoon explains."

https://www.allure.com/story/what-is-cica-ingredient-korean-beauty-skin-care

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Thanks. I'd like to try this. My hands are always so dry too. Even with frequent moisturizing.

Esteemed Contributor

IPL (intense pulsed light laser). I had it on my hands about 5 years ago and all brown spots flaked off. I use sunscreen. I do an IPL every Autumn if needed. Fortunately there is a wonderful dermatologist who specializes in lasers about an hour from me.

Expensive but removes sun damage.