Honored Contributor

Aveda's Inner Light Tinted Moisturizer

I received mine today so I first tested it against my current tinted moisturizer on my hand and the shade is a tad off so no big deal.  I washed my face, I always use my own moisturizer and then the tinted moisturizer.  It glided on.  In fact, it really felt very nice.  This is definitely a Winner in my book.  If you can get your shade or close to it, you will love this.   And only $32. Cat Very HappyHeart

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Re: Aveda's Inner Light Tinted Moisturizer

@Katcat1 wrote:

I received mine today so I first tested it against my current tinted moisturizer on my hand and the shade is a tad off so no big deal.  I washed my face, I always use my own moisturizer and then the tinted moisturizer.  It glided on.  In fact, it really felt very nice.  This is definitely a Winner in my book.  If you can get your shade or close to it, you will love this.   And only $32. Cat Very HappyHeart

Please excuse my ignorance, but why would you put a moisturizer over a moisturizer?

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

@reiki604  I have found that a tinted moisturizer works better with a regular moisturizer underneath it.  A Tinted Moisturizer has a different texture.  I have only seen one and it was a BB cream I believe that does not require a regular moisturizer.  I have been looking for a more reasonably priced tinted moisturzer thus Aveda.  I was using Laura Mercier and now it is up to $45.  When you are on a fixed income, you always look to save somewhere.    

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

I love Avada's products.  In my book, none can you a person wrong.

Honored Contributor

I ended purchasing the shade after the original one I purchased which is the lightest.  I decided to keep the 01 and mailing the 02 back.  02 is just too yellow (I hate that).  I tested both shades in the sunlight.  The 01 does not even show up and the 02 like I said, was too yellow.  This is definitely a replacement for the expensive one I use.  I still have the expensive one so I will alternate between the two.  It is so difficult to find a very lightweight foundation and the right shade.  believe me, I have searched.  

kindness is strength
Contributor

Did you order this for me Aveda.com?
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1  I used this product years ago and it's very nice. I needed more coverage, however, then it provided. It's more of a soft focus filter, IMHO. If you wear a powder foundation over it, it looks fantastic (so many look cakey).

Aveda makes some nice stuff. : )

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam  I only like a light coverage so my skin shines through.  You can always use a concealer if you want to cover up more.  I sometimes use the concealer under the eyes.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Part54  When I ordered it the price is $32 and Aveda was offering a gift and free shipping with $30 purchase.

kindness is strength