Valued Contributor

Aveda cosmetics. Anyone use these products

[ Edited ]

Saw. aveda at the mall today,  never see any pros or cons..  just wondering. 

Thanks

Honored Contributor

Re: Aveda cosmetics. Anyone use these products

[ Edited ]

I used to use their Cherry Almond Bark conditioner and loved it, but they discontinued that many years ago.

I tried their Be Curly products and they were okay, but I didn't like the scent. They make good products, but none have felt exceptional to me and I don't repurchase.

I've gone into the small stores in my malls, I've gotten a high-pressure sales associate all over me. The stores are small with nowhere to get away from the sales associates if there aren't other people to keep them busy. I'm the kind of shopper who wants to be left alone - if I have a question, I'll come get you. Don't ask me a question about every product I look at. That's the main reason I find it easier to just avoid them.

Your store may be different. I'd say if you're curious, go in and check them out and see if there's something you think you'd like and then ask about that.

Valued Contributor

Thank you very much.. I will check it out

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I used on and off over the years.  Not now but they are okay but nothing special.  I don't think you would be disappointed but your best bet is to go to an Aveda store or a Beauty Salon that sells Aveda and get samples to try out.  Cat Very Happy  P.S.  I am referring to Aveda's cosmetics.  As far as shampoos, they do have some excellent shampoos and hair products.  Their Control Paste is the best.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I enjoy the Aveda Rosemary Mint line...I really like the shampoo, bodywash,

and body lotion...love the scent, just the right amount of blended Rosemary and mint...a very natural and refreshing scent.

Valued Contributor

Many thanks to you all....

Valued Contributor

I have gone to an AVEDA salon for many years.  Used lots of samples.  I love the AIR CONTROL hair spray and the BE CURLY .  AIR CONTROL spray is very light and never leaves my hair crunchy or sticky.  The BE CURLY is a good prep for using rollers or curling iron.

Honored Contributor

Years ago I used to get my hair done at a salon that pretty much used Aveda exclusively.  I liked their products and really liked the history behind them.  One day the founder of the company was at the salon and I got to meet him.  He complimented me on my hair and I was so tickled!  He passed away a few years ago but I remember being so excited to meet him.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I used to use their Cherry Almond Bark conditioner and loved it, but they discontinued that many years ago.

I tried their Be Curly products and they were okay, but I didn't like the scent. They make good products, but none have felt exceptional to me and I don't repurchase.

I've gone into the small stores in my malls, I've gotten a high-pressure sales associate all over me. The stores are small with nowhere to get away from the sales associates if there aren't other people to keep them busy. I'm the kind of shopper who wants to be left alone - if I have a question, I'll come get you. Don't ask me a question about every product I look at. That's the main reason I find it easier to just avoid them.

Your store may be different. I'd say if you're curious, go in and check them out and see if there's something you think you'd like and then ask about that.

My store is exactly like that. I use Aveda hair products but have no luck with any cosmetics. I love the smells when I walk into the salon. I want to buy one of the scents one of these days. I've sampled them on my wrist but they don't last.

Honored Contributor

I go to an all Aveda salon.  They use nothing but Aveda hair products, they do facials using all Aveda skincare and they sell Aveda cosmetics.

Personally, I'm one that cannot stand the smell of their products.  I love the salon because they go above and beyond and I love Aveda color.  It lasts the best in my hair.  But I don't buy or use any other Aveda products.  The only Aveda product I liked in the past was the Color Conserve shampoo.  It didn't have the same heavy scent the other Aveda products have. 

Way back when I won skincare and I also tried the cosmetics.  They were nothing I would purchase again.   

If you suffer from allergies, you may not be able to use these products because they are plant based.  My SIL has to bring her own products to the salon when she gets her hair done because she has horrible allergies and can't stand the products to be used on her.