Trusted Contributor

Aveda Smooth Infusion Naturally Straight

I've been seeing a lot of ads for this and I'm intrigued. Below is a description from Aveda's website. Has anyone tried it yet?

progressively straightens curls with every use

• As you blow-dry your hair, plant-derived fibers help create a locking layer to help hold your hair straight, day after day*
  • Organic cassava root helps form a barrier against intense humidity to help you forget about frizz
  • Straight styling becomes faster and easier

*After 5 consecutive applications of naturally straight, hair will stay straight for up to 3 washes.

Contributor

Re: Aveda Smooth Infusion Naturally Straight

Just bought it, I have only used once. I have thick, coarse curly hair, it did leave it soft. Today will be the second time I use it.
Trusted Contributor

Thanks! Please post later after you've tried it for a little while. If it works in high humidity, it will be a godsend!

Esteemed Contributor

I look forward to replies too. I've used the Smooth Infusion shampoo and conditioner, but it didn't work as well as I had hoped it would on my naturally wavy hair.
Trusted Contributor

On 3/1/2015 wildcat fan said: I look forward to replies too. I've used the Smooth Infusion shampoo and conditioner, but it didn't work as well as I had hoped it would on my naturally wavy hair.

Same here. Didn't particularly care for the shampoo, but Aveda's making some pretty lofty claims for this new product. If it even halfway lives up to the promises, it would be great!