Occasional Contributor

Re: Auto-Delivery is Deceptive

You don't even have to edit or cancel a shipment for an auto-delivery to be canceled. In the past 2 years I have ordered "Living Grace" on auto-delivery and both times they were canceled. The first time I was not notified or anything.{#emotions_dlg.scared} The second time QVC did notify me and tell me Philosophy "could not fulfill the order." I learned my lesson the first time and ordered 2 sets the second time just to be on the safe side.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} I have learned not to believe anything Mary Lyn says when it comes to auto delivery. Every since the original creator left, philosophy is just not as dependable or affordable.{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

And FYI-If it's not about "Fresh Cream" {#emotions_dlg.bored} they really don't want to hear about it.

New Contributor

Thanks everyone for your answers. In years past ADs never ended; I was on a Philosophy plan since 2009 and I finally ""cancelled all future shipments"" because the products have changed and I'm not interested in Philosophy any longer. But now I know that ""cancelling this shipment"" does not mean move up the date. Cancelling the shipment means that you lose #2 of 3 shipments. In the end you will only receive two and not three shipments. Lesson learned!

Frequent Contributor

I have 4 different auto deliveries for Wen--different scents and different configurations. I have them all in the maximum time span between deliveries, and I skip every other delivery. Same thing with a Bare Escentuals product. I've been doing this for years, and have not had a problem.

Esteemed Contributor

........and I am tired of so many a/d on back order. Whats up with that all the time?

for instance my a/d of the wonderful NY muffins has been on B/O 3 times ... which I'm starting to think I can do without.I WAS hooked on them but since I do not have them for a month I'm starting not to care anymore

Poo Purrie B/O

and a few other items

Honored Contributor

All auto-deliveries are not created equal. Some you can change, others you can't. Sometimes in order to change something you have to call in, it can't be done online. Some you can change only so many times (number of deliveries, dates of delivery, etc.).

As for cancellations, I've cancelled many auto-deliveries, but I actually have never had QVC cancel any before they were completed. I can see how that could happen if a vendor ceases manufacturing a product you may have on auto-delivery. While I'm not giving QVC a total pass, I think a lot of times the problem may be on the vendor side.

Honored Contributor

I'm not sure how it's deceptive. Of course if you cancel you won't get anymore shipments. That's what cancel means. Skipping lets you not get the upcoming one but get further deliveries. I've actually cancelled and reinstated before without issue. I've also skipped deliveries and gotten the later AD shipments. I've also changed dates.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

On 3/2/2015 Always Q said:

Thanks everyone for your answers. In years past ADs never ended; I was on a Philosophy plan since 2009 and I finally ""cancelled all future shipments"" because the products have changed and I'm not interested in Philosophy any longer. But now I know that ""cancelling this shipment"" does not mean move up the date. Cancelling the shipment means that you lose #2 of 3 shipments. In the end you will only receive two and not three shipments. Lesson learned!

I'm trying to understand how anyone would think cancel this shipment would move up a shipping date?

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval