Super Contributor

Audiovox T852 Tablet from Shop HQ Help needed

Help me please! I can't find any help on the website or in the limited directions that came with this item! I need info for the keyboard that came with it. Like how to use it?? There is a port to plug in something, maybe the charging cable?, but what do I connect it to? I don't have to charge the keyborad do I? or do I connect it to the tablet? I am sorry but I have never owned one of these and I need help. Also, when you go outside, how do you connect it to the internet? What is the password for hot spot areas?? Thank you

BTW, this came in a box with NO packaging, just tossed in a brown box that was of course smashed by UPS....No bubble wrap, nothing...I am very leary that this will even work. I am very mad about shipping and no instructions that really help a person....

Valued Contributor

Re: Audiovox T852 Tablet from Shop HQ Help needed

hi katy,

they have a website with online manuals.

http://www.audiovoxproducts.com/tablets/?sku=T852

click on the tab that reads support/manuals.

here is the user manual for your tablet:

http://www.voxxintlcorp.com/docs/common/T852/T852_OM.pdf

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Super Contributor

the manual does not say how to get the keyboard to work?? Still need help....

Honored Contributor

Hi, KayinMN! I'm sorry to hear they sent the product to you in such haphazard packaging. I don't know anything about this product but it looks like you can communicate with their support folks by going here on their website:

http://www.audiovoxproducts.com/support/?kw=T852

You might need to register your product with them?

If the keyboard is wireless, it's battery-operated. And you'll need to turn on Bluetooth to pair the keyboard with the tablet (on most devices, you go into the settings on the tablet to do that). I wish you the best.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I looked at ShopHQ just now. Did you purchase item 448-942? If so, they do have some online instructions in the description on their product page:

http://www.shophq.com/Offer/Default.aspx?OfferCode=448-942&icid=OnAirLive-_-448-942&cm_re=OnAirLive...

An excerpt:

"Bluetooth Keyboard Case
Make interacting with your Audiovox tablet a little more conventional with the included keyboard case.

Using Bluetooth technology, simply pair the keyboard to the tablet and start typing without touching the screen.

The case also helps defend your tablet from the dangers of life on the go and functions as stand so you can get a better view of the screen while typing or watching videos.

What's Included

• Audiovox 8" Google Certified Android™ 4.1 8GB Bluetooth® Tablet (T852)
  • AC Adapter
  • USB Cable
  • Earbuds
  • Warranty Card
  • Quick Start Guide
  • Registration Card
  • Bluetooth Keyboard Case

Measurements

• Tablet Dimensions: 0.375"H x 6.125"W x 8.25"D
  • Tablet Weight: 0.96 lbs
  • Keyboard Case Dimensions: 9.2"H x 7"W x 1.2"D
  • Keyboard Case Weight: 0.84 lbs

Made in China

Tablet Warranty: Twelve (12) month limited warranty provided by Voxx Electronics.

For warranty and product support, please call: 1-800-645-4994.
Keyboard Case Technical Support: 1-800-788-7618, ext. 1240"

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

thanks for all your help. all I had to do was go to settings....duh. This is a really great product now that I have it figured it out for $109....

Honored Contributor

On 7/25/2014 KayinMN said:

thanks for all your help. all I had to do was go to settings....duh. This is a really great product now that I have it figured it out for $109....

Thanks for the update! I'm glad you're up and running and I hope you enjoy the tablet.

Respected Contributor

I purchased one of these for the young fella (13 year old) who delivers my newspapers.

So far he has had no problems and loves it.