Honored Contributor

Attn- Gloriajean- Basis Soap for Rosacea

You've posted at least a few times now about using Basis Soap for Rosacea. I'd kept it in mind, and finally bought a bar last month.

I use my regular facial cleanser, which also removes my makeup, and I've started washing my face after that with the Basis Soap and it has made quite a difference in my Rosacea.

I've been fortunate that my Rosacea has been fairly mild (so far, knock on wood), but Finacea did nothing for me. I tried Selsun Blue and it helped a tinch, but not much.

Based on your recommendation, as I said, I tried the Basis and I've been very pleased. My Rosacea isn't gone, but my skin is much smoother; not as flaky. Hardly flaky at all.

So, I wanted to thank you for your suggestion and pass it on to anyone else who might like to try it.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Super Contributor

Re: Attn- Gloriajean- Basis Soap for Rosacea

I second that. I read that recommendation too and bought it. It has really helped with my dry skin. I've learned so many tips and tricks from reading these boards.

So thanks too!

Super Contributor

I have a slight case of rosacea on my chin. It tends to look red and a little irritated most of the time. However, the skin in my T-zone is oily. I don't have the flaking or dry skin that the two of you have mentioned.

Would Basis help me?

Honored Contributor

Which Basis soap are you using? The Sensitive? I see they have different ones. My sisters both have rosacea & would like to pass on the info. I'm sure one of my sisters would have to use the sensitive regardless of the different ones they have if she would even try it. She is really picky about using different products. I know she uses some Clinique products. TIA

Honored Contributor

I got the Basis Sensitive Skin Bar Soap.

Honored Contributor

On 9/12/2014 maddiecat said:

I have a slight case of rosacea on my chin. It tends to look red and a little irritated most of the time. However, the skin in my T-zone is oily. I don't have the flaking or dry skin that the two of you have mentioned.

Would Basis help me?

I figured, at least for me, the price of a bar of soap was worth a try.

Honored Contributor

I had exzema as a child and my Mom always used Basis soap on my and well since this was over 50 year ago I would think it was the original white bar of soap.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.