Respected Contributor

Attempt 2 at no frizz: SUCCESS

Last night I used Beekman 1802 Apple Cider Vinegar. This is not straight apple cider vinegar; it actually takes the place of shampoo. I never responded to comments saying I was spending a fortune for apple cider vinegar. Figured I'd wait until after I used it. I knew it took place of shampoo and had multiple ingredients.

Washed hair with it as directed. Used large pump of Wen Tea Tree Shampoo as leave in. I usually pile on styling products with leave in; didn't this time.

Blew hair dry usual way: turn head upside down and dry. Then use Caj round hairbrush dryer to style. Looked good this a.m.  quickly used flat iron because I was going to a party. Just came home; hair still looks good.

I got two large bottles from HSN for thirty dollars. With coupon ten. One more product to try.

This is the first Beekman I've ever tried. It's  a keeper.

Returning Paul Mitchell product.

Honored Contributor

Re: Attempt 2 at no frizz: SUCCESS

@lavendarthat is very interesting to me.I have frizzy hair that doesn’t seem to want to play nice no matter what I do.I would have thought the vinegar would make hair more frizzy..What does that shampoo smell like.I don’t like the smell acv.

I am happy to hear you found something that works.You will have great hair for all of the upcoming events of the season.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lavendar wrote:

. . .

Washed hair with it as directed. Used large pump of Wen Tea Tree Shampoo as leave in. I usually pile on styling products with leave in; didn't this time.  . . .  

Maybe the improvement came from what you left out of your usual routine.

My hair is frizz prone.

My hair's happier when I just use my WEN leave-in and a squirt of treatment oil on wet hair.

More often than not, I use styling cream, mousse, etc on DRY hair to tame frizz 2nd & 3rd day.

Also, if I apply leave in products in reverse order, (curly girl style) I get MORE frizz, not less.

Go figure!

Respected Contributor

Have you tried WOW Dream Coat? It keeps my hair frizz free through 2-3 shampoos! Love it!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

Jacie@ I have the WOW Dream Coat. Seemed good in the  beginning but lately it didn't help much.

I can't remember the exact smell; I do think it smells like acv. If something would help I wouldn't care.

Re use of styling items, I've tried every which way. I didn't use WEN styling cream or any of the oils.

The reason I did try something with acv is because my hairdresser sprays it on my hair to adjust the ph.

The two bottles for thirty dollars sold out very quickly; it must work for other people.

Day four: still looks good. 

Esteemed Contributor

The Beekman rinse duo is on sale again- with free shipping. Plus I had a 20% off coupon for the holiday. I was iffy since I didn't like their goat milk shampoo - the conditioner was okay. After buying/returning that duo I figured haircare wasn't their strength. But I've never tried an apple cider rinse, so I went with it today! 

Respected Contributor

Thanks for this post, and for reminding me to use my 20% off coupon! I just ordered this and can’t wait to try it. I had looked at it before but never ordered. With my 20% off and $10 spendable Kash it plus free shipping was only $15.