Trusted Contributor

At what point do you wash your hair in the shower?

I know, this is a really odd queston!  But when I was watching one of the Tweak'd shows on Saturday, they mentioned that washing your hair should always be the last thing you do in the shower since hair can be so fragile and break when it's wet.  So I was thinking about that this morning.  Washing my hair is the first thing I do and then I let the conditioner sit while washing up.  So I was just curious what everyone else did!  I guess I've been doing it wrong for years!  LOL

Respected Contributor

Re: At what point do you wash your hair in the shower?

Some of the claims these people make are hilarious.  (Like all the treks to exotic places to gather ingredients). I always wash my hair first in the shower.  If it is just hanging there wet what could possibly cause breakage?  

Honored Contributor

I do mine last.

Trusted Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

Some of the claims these people make are hilarious.  (Like all the treks to exotic places to gather ingredients). I always wash my hair first in the shower.  If it is just hanging there wet what could possibly cause breakage?  

Right?!   this one caught my attention and I just laughed.  Good grief.  

Respected Contributor

I wash my hair last.

Honored Contributor

I put shampoo on my head....A HALF HOUR BEFORE I shower....and do my hair LAST

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I do the same. Wash hair first, conditioner, then lather up myself, rinse conditioner out. It seems you would be wasting a lot of water if you did your hair last. What are you supposed to do while waiting for the conditioner to do it's thing? Just stand there for 5 minutes?

Respected Contributor

I shampoo first as soon as I get in the shower.  Next, I apply conditioner, but I don't rinse it out right away.  I then wash my body.  Then last step, rinse out the conditioner.  I keep the conditioner on my hair until the end to get the most benefit from it.

Esteemed Contributor

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

I shampoo first as soon as I get in the shower.  Next, I apply conditioner, but I don't rinse it out right away.  I then wash my body.  Then last step, rinse out the conditioner.  I keep the conditioner on my hair until the end to get the most benefit from it.

I do the same thing as @PhilaLady1 .

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Regular Contributor

I wash my hair last, but I don't use conditioner as it makes my hair too soft.