Respected Contributor

Re: At what age dis you stop shaving your legs

@jlkz 

That's great!  Just think of how much money you have saved on razors over the years. Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

I'm 68 & shave my legs & underarms once a week, my Monday morning shower ritual.

Honored Contributor

My hair stopped growing on my legs and under my arms.  Some positives that come with age.  In my early 60's, I guess I stopped shaving.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I stopped shaving my legs when I was in my 30s after I had laser hair removal done. I'm 63 now and I've had to get retouched since then but not a big deal like it was the first time.

You must have really good insurance,why did you have this done?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Still shaving legs at age 67.   Although I now only have to once a week.  I guess there is one positive to growing old!  Finally!  I was looking for something!!! LOL!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I will be 70 in a few months and still either shave my legs or use Nair Mask. I also use Nair on my arms because I don't like to see hair on a woman's arms. My hair isn't terribly dark but it would be unsightly if I didn't. I don't have to do it as often as when I was younger but usually about once a week.

Respected Contributor

I am now 60 and I have noticed the growth slow down, however, I still shave about once a week (more often in summer as I have a pool) and my underarms three times a week.

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Respected Contributor

At 65 I still shave every day....legs, arms, underarms.......my hair is light, but I hate feeling any kind of stubble.  My sisters used to tease me about shaving my arms.....but I really dislike the look of hairy arms, so they get shaved every day.

I have noticed there isn’t much hair growth under my arms anymore, but I swipe them with the razor every day anyway.....force of habit!

Honored Contributor

i am 56 and have not stopped yet, although the hair on my legs is almost non existent. i shave once a month this time of the year, even less during the winter months.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox 

How lucky you are! I haven’t stopped shaving yet.

I’ve had dark hair on my legs since I was 13.  Just recently in my late 50s I have noticed less hair and lighter hair on my legs. My eldest sisters don’t shave much anymore, but they are 10-15 years older than me. I usually shave every other day in the summer because of wearing knee length dresses, skirts, and shorts. Maybe I will eventually be able to shave less.