Contributor

I've been doing at home peels and am really impressed with how it's taken my complexion to the next level. I don't really have the time (three kids at home) or extra money to go to a spa so I took the plunge and am loving the results. The website is called idealskincaresolutions.com. I started with the 15 percent tca. I don't have sensitive skin, probably average. My skin truly glowed after using it and even my mom and husband could really tell a difference.

Trusted Contributor

That is great, love that you saw results!

Was there any downtime or is this one you can do, apply make-up & go?

Contributor
The first two days I didn't experience any side effects but on the third day I had a lot of peeling. My face starting peeling in one area and the next day another, etc until one full week after applying the peel. Definitely noticeable peeling. Like dead skin hanging off you face lol! My family were teasing me but let me tell you, after the peeling, my skin absolutely glowed and even my husband was like, "Wow, your skin looks glossy!" Not in a greasy way, but radiant. Love!!!
Valued Contributor

Yep. The TCA peels are good for those who can't afford pricey spa visits.

I used a TCA just prior to a professional photo session I had for a directory.

I was very pleased with the results as my skin looked like velvet and told the photographer not to do any digital touch ups. I wanted to see my own work and it did pay off.

I just wish I were as pleased with my hair color...that not so much.

Anyway, glad your happy with your TCA peel.

Super Contributor

Good for you on your results. I honestly am afraid of those peels, because of too many going wrong...really wrong. I'm not one to be afraid of things, but ...

Are you going to continue using them?

Respected Contributor

I accidentally used a peel for 30 minutes instead of 5 a couple of years ago. I thought Dr. Graf said you could leave it on as long as you wanted. My face was red and peeling and looked hideous for a week or two. However, when it healed my skin looked great. I've been wondering whether to get the SSC TS on HSN today because it's great to have that peeling effect.

Contributor
I plan on using one every 6 months. I don't want to over do it plus I use Paula's Choice 8 percent glycolic serum daily for maintenance. I have used serious skin care glycolic products and they are good but don't come close to the results I got from the peel.