Respected Contributor

Ash Blonde Eyebrow Pencil

[ Edited ]

For years I have been on a quest for an eyebrow pencil that does not have too much red or yellow in it.  I have dark blonde hair, but my eyebrows are more to the ash color, no reddish or yellowish hues at all.  And as I am getting older and having went through chemo, my brows are sparser and I have a few gray unruly ones!

I just received the Hourglass Blonde eye pencil and it is way too red/yellow for me.

I've tried taupe colors, but they usually end up a little too dark on me, even when I try to use light pressure.

It's so hard to tell colors on a computer and I do look up swatches online, but, as with the Hourglass one now, I'm spending way too much money on this.

So the big question is, does anyone use and have a true ash blond pencil?  There must be someone out there in my shoes????

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ash Blonde Eyebrow Pencil

I use Maybelline

Respected Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

I use Maybelline

Thanks!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Why not check-out the eyebrow guru herself, Anastasia? QVC, her website, Nordstorm, Macy's, Sephora, Ulta all carry her brand.

Love!

Respected Contributor

Agree about maybelline. They make a super skinny one and the blonde is def more ash than yellow or brassy. Also the new It cosmetics one that now comes in colors. Their blonde is pretty much ash and not too dark. I alternate between these two mainly.

Super Contributor

I had the same problem and color wise the Lt Blonde L'Oréal traditional pencil works well.  No red undertones at all. 

Super Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness I'm in my 70's and have the same problems as you, I use Anastasia Brow Wiz pencil in Taupe (Ash Blonde), it's an excellent pencil, good luck.

Regular Contributor

The Hourglass pencil in Platinum Blond would work for you.

Contributor

Avon-Glimmersticks eyebrow pencil-blonde color 

Esteemed Contributor

Cover Girl pencil in taupe.  Works for me!  I used these when my hair and eyebrows were medium blonde, and the same taupe color still works now that my hair is silver gray with eyebrows to match.  No red.  Two in a package -- need to be sharpened occasionally.  

(I keep a battery-operated pencil sharpener in a bathroom drawer)

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt