Respected Contributor

less is more for me these days.  i used to wear a full face of liquid foundation with a little concealer, a little contouring and bronzing with blush and setting powder and full eye makeup.   even before covid, i eliminated more and more from my make up routine.    these days, i wear only a tiny bit of liquid foundation and only on my cheeks where i have a little rosacea.  then i top that with laura gellar balance and brighten all over my face and add a bit of blush and eyeliner only.   oh, and brows.  that would actually be my #1 makeup item:  my brows.  i look positively dreadful without a brow.  

Esteemed Contributor

Check with me once this pandemic is over with.  I haven't worn any makeup at all since February and wonder if I'll ever start wearing it again.   Age has nothing to do with it.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Valued Contributor

I really think this is an individual choice. I stopped when I was around 40, now I am 67. If someone is bothered by my choice, too bad. It was too irritating to my eyes and skin, and took too long to put on. Fooling around with mascara caused me to lose a substantial amount of my eyelashes, and they never grew back. 

Respected Contributor

Before the pandemic I always wore makeup to work and when I left the house.  As I got older (now 69) I had to modify it as it got in my wrinkles and emphasized instead of hiding the bad.  Now since I don't go out much and wear a mask when I do, I don't wear any except maybe an eye liner and mascara.  

Honored Contributor

Re: As you get older...

[ Edited ]

'When you look good, you feel good.'  That's my motto. I'm 65 and I wear makeup b/c it makes me feel good when I look in the mirror. That's all that matters to me.Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

62 here - yes, I wear makeup.  Not a lot: CC or BB cream, blush, light liner and eye shadow and tinted lip balm or light lip stick.  My routine hasn't really changed - I have never worn that much make up.

Respected Contributor

I'm 66 and I never have worn makeup.  I have slight roscea which always made my cheeks look pink and it was just too difficult to get a good match. Plus I'm allergic to almost anything near or around my eyes. 

Years ago I did go to cosmetic counters during lunchtime for about 10 days to see if I could find something I wasn't allergic to.......couldn't find anything.  I'd get back to work and about 30 minutes later, my eyes would start watering and off came the beautiful job from the store!

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not sure age has anything to do with it, either. However, my tastes have changed.

My makeup is soft and enhances my features. But that is how I always made up.

Respected Contributor

Wore makeup every day from the time I was allowed until I retired at 47 (10 years ago) and now I NEVER wear it unless going somewhere where I will know people.  If I'm going to Wal-Mart or running other errands, I never see anyone I know as I live in a city, so I don't care.  No one thinks about it or even remembers me when I leave the store, so I don't go to the effort.  I don't remember people I see, so why would they remember me?  

Honored Contributor

I had to except, my face   wrinkles and all,  only wear spf,  life has been hard , and it shows on my face.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.