Respected Contributor

Interesting question. It's a discussion I've recently been having- with myself. Haha. I'm 69. Decent skin but certainly with signs of age. I got used to not wearing makeup during the quarantine. Now that I'm out and about more, my routine is much simpler than pre- quarantine. I "replace" what has disappeared with age (eyebrows, lashes). I use concealer in the inner corners of my eyes, which makes me look more awake. If it's not too hot outside ( I live in Florida), I sometimes do a light sweep of a mineral foundation and a touch of blush. The absolute minimal look for me is eyebrows and lipstick. Everything else I mentioned is optional for me. I wear glasses in a rose pink color frame, grey hair and I have a cute new short cut. I'm feeling ok with what I'm doing, what I'm presenting to the outside world. Zero percent interest in cosmetic procedures of any kind. 

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

Re: As you get older...

[ Edited ]

It's an enjoyable daily ritual for me.  It takes less than 10 minutes.  

I bought several new lipstick shades right before the pandemic 😷 

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I wear makeup because I enjoy it. I like looking at and trying new makeup and like to discuss makeup and skincare here -- even though my visits here ebb and flow. 

I also like watching beauty youtubers too!

Honored Contributor

With the virus and mask --- no point in it!  I don't wear makeup around the house. DH for some reason likes me better without it.  I tell him --- you better have your eyes checked!  LOL!  Any how, BV, I always wore makeup when I left the house.  I am 68 now and skin is not what it used to be.  I did find that I was wearing a lot less but still think I look much better when I DO wear it.  It's all in what you feel comfortable in doing.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I always wear eyeliner and mascara...and a light covering of makeup...It's all because of how it makes ''me'' feel - which is better.

Respected Contributor

I have worn less and less makeup as I get older.  Right now under the circumstances I am wearing practically nothing.  moisturizer, Desitin on my chin where I am getting a mask rash, lip balm and eyeliner- that's it  right now

Honored Contributor

Re: As you get older...

[ Edited ]

58 but for about 15 years now only wear to work and church functions.  My DDIL wears none since she is an RN does no scent and no makeup.  So even going and spending the day with my family I do not wear any.  As far as full face for the office I gave that up about 5 years ago.  Very minimum look, but yes foundation to my office.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

My makeup routine isn't time consuming or a burden, I like it.  I wear makeup almost every day even though I  work from home.  I look better with make and that makes me feel better about myself.  I wear it for myself but I'm sure hubby appreciates that after all this time, I  care about looking nice.  He dresses nice and takes care of his body and skin too.   I've been wearking make up since I was 20 or so and I expect I will wear it all my life.  Modern makeup is a joy; it's so easy and effective and good for my skin.  At 60, my skin is not as bright as I would like.  I use foundation, a nude or rosy lip color and mascara.  It takes me 2 minutes tops.  It's funny, on the days when I don't wear makeup, someone always asks me if I'm feeling well...LOL   You certainly do not "owe" to anyone, even your husband, to wear makeup if you don't want to.   It's just make up, don't over think it.