Respected Contributor

How do you feel about using makeup? Previously I wouldn't leave the house without just a little on even if it was only lipstick.

Now I'm 70 and frankly I look it. Not too bad and ok for my age but what the heck...life has left some marks on me (and not just on my face). I occasionally like to apply makeup and it definitely improves my look (I'm as white as a sheet and look positively embalmbed if I don't add a little color). But I'm less and less inclined to use it because sometimes it seems like such a chore.

On the other hand, I kind of feel like I owe it to my husband to make myself presentable, even though he smiles and says I look fine without it. (I got myself a GOOD guy)

Honored Contributor

Only a "full face" if I am going OUT with someone......otherwise (and even to Walmart), I wear a color-correcting toner, eye makeup, and blush.....just what shows above the Covid mask..........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Re: As you get older...

[ Edited ]

Yes, I always wear it.  Around the house, just my eyes.  I don't want to scare anyone.

Well, not really, but when people are used to seeing me with makeup they don't notice I'm wearing it.  Even a little goes a long way.  So, without it, they ask me if I am feeling OK.  They know something is missing, but can't put their finger on it.  

I think I look better with it and don't want to go through all the "Are you feeling OK?" stuff.

Valued Contributor

I stopped wearing makeup daily about 15 years ago (I'm 56). This is when I started working from home. When I go run errands I wear a tinted sun block. Right now it's Cerave tinted, some mascara, eyebrows. Maybe a touch of blush and lip balm. If I'm going to wear foundation I like Lucy Minerals or Bare Minerals. In my younger years I wore everything, full foundation, eyeshadow, eyeliner, concealer etc, mostly because it was fun to do so. Now I feel like all of that makes me look older and drag queeny. Using the bare minimum I feel I look fresh and more youthful.

Honored Contributor

I'm 66 and still wear it.  I look so much better with makeup than without it so why wouldn't I try to make myself the best that I can?  A little goes a long way.

Respected Contributor

Since the virus and wearing a mask when I go out, I only use eye brow pencil and eye liner. When the virus is over, I will continue to do a full face make up.

Honored Contributor

Re: As you get older...

[ Edited ]

@GoneButNotForgotten   I am your age and yes I still wear makeup.  The foundation I wear is by Bobbi Brown and on the order of a tinted moisturizer.  It is light coverage and it is fluid to powder.  I wear a little blush, lipstick and sometimes mascara.  My look is very light makeup but it does improve my look.  I wear this when going out.  If I am at home, I wash, tone and moisturize and that's it.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I am 68 and have worn makeup for my whole adult life and do it for ME and not just when I go out around others.  Except for when I have had surgeries I always look the same and want to feel my best and I do not without it!!!  I do not care about what others think about my looks.  I love makeup and feel great wearing it no matter what I am doing or even if staying home or when sick.  Putting makeup on daily is just what I do along with working out, eating, etc.    My makeup is not to impress others and has never been a "chore".  My skin feels much better with makeup and how I feel is important to me and has nothing to do with others!

Respected Contributor

The only time I left home without makeup was two years ago when I had cataract surgery and was told no makeup.

Esteemed Contributor

I still do at 65...