Super Contributor

Re: As a result of using a NEW or DIFFERENT skin care line has anyone ever noticed?

I agree with the posters who advise to not expect results for at least a month or two. I have always had good skin as an adult, and am in my late fifties. About half a year ago I began using Dr. Denese products and noticed a really good result in improved firmness in my face in general. My under eye skin feels and looks more soft and hydrated.

No product will permanently change your skin, it's a regime you follow, if it works/helps.

And of course, a healthy diet, sunscreen and exercise will help organically!

Super Contributor

Re: As a result of using a NEW or DIFFERENT skin care line has anyone ever noticed?

getting more and more products from ""Beauty Bioscience"". Really enjoying the line with some remarkable results

Respected Contributor

I always go for a month on one new line. I guess when no one notices and I seem to not notice either as I get too used to seeing myself . LOL

Gorg

Frequent Contributor

No, never...

Regular Contributor

I used to have really great skin before having my daughter. People would tell me I looked like a porcelain doll. Then 3 years ago after giving birth, my skin became a nightmare - dryness, hyperpigmentation, uneven skin tone, and dullness. It was terrible - I felt as though I had to wear makeup 24/7 to cover it up. A little over a year ago, I decided to get serious about my skincare, I started with PTR and Perricone (and a few other lines) and saw good results...added some Ole Henricksen into the mix and things were looking even better. Then last September, I switched over to Paula's Choice and Josie Maran, and what a difference those two lines have made! I used to have acne spots all over, now I only have two. My skin is no longer dry, and actually has a glow to it now! People have began commenting again on my skin and how great it looks. A month ago I ran into a childhood friend, she immediately recognized me and said that I looked exactly the same (we went to JHS together btw - 16 years ago).

I just added Shea Terra Organics to my routine. It's only been one day, but this line also looks promising to me.

Frequent Contributor

Absolutely! Obagi NuDerm. Once I got through the Retin A phase, I was shocked when I saw the Christmas photos. And, I still use hydroquinone October through January and all my hyper pigmentation from the summer disappears.
Super Contributor

My skin is happiest when I'm using BHAs by Paula's Choice. Around Christmas time I got some new skincare by NCN, which people love to laud on these boards. She had quite the sale for Black Friday so I started using her retinols. It took several months but my skin was totally weirded out and became quite schizophrenic.

I weaned myself off of those, went back onto the BHAs and my skin is now happy again. Sure it's still oily but at least my pores are clean and I know what to expect from my makeup throughout the day.

As for trying new products, I usually use them until I'm done with them. If I see a difference I'll reorder. If not, I toss 'em.

Honored Contributor

On 3/20/2015 dionline said:

My skin is happiest when I'm using BHAs by Paula's Choice. Around Christmas time I got some new skincare by NCN, which people love to laud on these boards. She had quite the sale for Black Friday so I started using her retinols. It took several months but my skin was totally weirded out and became quite schizophrenic.

I weaned myself off of those, went back onto the BHAs and my skin is now happy again. Sure it's still oily but at least my pores are clean and I know what to expect from my makeup throughout the day.

As for trying new products, I usually use them until I'm done with them. If I see a difference I'll reorder. If not, I toss 'em.

dionline, I've never tried NCN's retinols. I do use her Vit C serum and her Multi-Active Matrixyl Serum 25% and love both products.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

Although I stick to my basics: Retin A, Creme de La Mer and Devita SPF most of the time, I often buy and try many other things. Most get a few days of trial and either bother my skin, hurt my skin or I don't like them. Seems like I'd learn!

However, I have been using Isomer's One Serum and Gluathiosome Serum for about a month. Regularly. I use it am and pm. And, I notice a difference. Especially on my neck (where most ANY product usually causes a bad reaction) and under my eyes.

I think these are keepers. I am pretty impressed.

Honored Contributor

I have so much beauty/skincare from many lines that I use all the time, that I don't know if they do any good. Maybe all of them are doing something together, however, I have really great skin (from genes) and have been told I don't look my 60 years. No lines and very few wrinkles. Get compliments from my derm dr too. Right now, I use Skinn which I really like and also my clarisonic Mia, which is the best thing so far. Helps get these products into the skin better. Am on a moratorium and won't be buying any more stuff til I use up what I have.