Honored Contributor

Re: As Women We Don't Have Time?

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@marmarbrooklyn wrote:

Hi SurferWife

I agree with you , if a woman doesnt have time for makeup then she wouldn't wear any  or have time for  any makeup products. Its like when they always stress  " busy moms" , a women doesnt have to have children to be busy .Today I think all women are busy and very active whether they are single ,retired ,raising a family , have a career or taking care of parents our a spouse/partner .  

@marmarbrooklyn, I don't think that it's that black-and-white. There is a spectrum of time spent on makeup. Some women wear none, some use just a couple basics, some do a modified full face, and some go all out.

And I bet most of us mix it up, depending on the particular day.

AND depending on how much time we have to devote to the process on that particular day......

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@marmarbrooklyn wrote:

Hi SurferWife

I agree with you , if a woman doesnt have time for makeup then she wouldn't wear any  or have time for  any makeup products. Its like when they always stress  " busy moms" , a women doesnt have to have children to be busy .Today I think all women are busy and very active whether they are single ,retired ,raising a family , have a career or taking care of parents our a spouse/partner .  

@marmarbrooklyn, I don't think that it's that black-and-white. There is a spectrum of time spent on makeup. Some women wear none, some use just a couple basics, some do a modified full face, and some go all out.

And I bet most of us mix it up, depending on the particular day.

AND depending on how much time we have to devote to the process on that particular day......

@sunshine45, yup, that's what my "depending on the particular day" meant. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

That new rep LOOKS like she spends hours putting on the putty and caulk. She wears way too much makeup for a young gal.

Super Contributor

Yes, I don't have time.

Mornings are hectic, don't eat breakfast, on the phone with work even before I get there, I have help with the kids but still takes up my time.

I try to make time to go workout because I think it's more important to make time for that than applying makeup.

I always have time for skincare and SPF though, Cat Happy

Trusted Contributor

@c_la_vee.  I am now retired so time is no longer an issue.   I raised 2 children and took care of a sick husband for 15 years.  After he passed  I worked 70 hours per week.  I got to bed at 3AM and up at 6:30 (earlier if I had to shovel snow).   I learned to put on a tinted primer with SPF over my moisturizer before leaving the house for each job.  Lipstick while warning up the car.  This tinted primer gave me color, protected my face from sun and also protected my skin from the elements.  As you already know cleanser, moisturizer and SPF are a daily must and I could do no less.  It has paid off as people do not believe my age.   When you reach your 70s you also will be glad you took care of your skin.

Honored Contributor

I have time........but lack motivation

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

I have time........but lack motivation

That's my problem too.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

I think the reps overdo it with the "busy moms" sales pitch. I especially hate it when they say regarding their makeup,   "you can put it on in the car at a stoplight."  Seriously??

Another one I find ridiculous is when the reps tell us they put on their face masks when they're on an airplane. Yeah, I'm so sure, unless they are on their own private plane, I really doubt they're sitting there with a bright blue face!

Honored Contributor

At 67....I still love makeup.  If I don't have it on, you know I am sick or dying!!  I have worn it ever since I was 14.  I used to sell it and did makeovers for 5 yrs. so I have my routine down pat. This little gal was probably just speaking for herself.

I agree with those who say..... routines change.... depending on the day.  I guess it's "whatever floats your boat" that day.

Honored Contributor

@jubilant  A page out of my book, too. I sold makeup and did makeup on others (a natural jumping off point as an artist). At 68, I always find time for a little makeup, too. Certainly not a face full of heavy foundation, concealer, contouring, highlighting, and full eye makeup, etc., but who can't find time in the day for a little concealer, tinted moisturizer w/spf & a swipe of gloss?

When I was younger and more than busy with 2 kids a year apart, even when they were toddlers, I found 3-5 minutes to brighten my face before doing errands. While others feel that makeup may be a waste of time, I feel I deserve that time to make myself feel better by looking better.